Vincent Y Ng
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Limb-length discrepancy after hip arthroplastyVincent Y Ng
Department of Orthopaedics, The Ohio State University, 376 West 10th Avenue, 725 Prior Hall, Columbus, OH 43210 E mail address for V Y Ng
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:1426-36. 2013....
- Incidence and survival in sarcoma in the United States: a focus on musculoskeletal lesionsVincent Y Ng
The James Comprehensive Cancer Center The Wexner Medical Center at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Anticancer Res 33:2597-604. 2013..The purpose of this study was to analyze the incidence and survival in all sarcomas based on year of diagnosis, anatomical site, grade, stage, and age of patient...
- Understanding acetabular cup orientation: the importance of convention and defining the safe zoneVincent Y Ng
Department of Orthopaedics, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Hip Int 21:646-52. 2011..Nevertheless, the varying manner in which the terms "anteversion" and "abduction" are often used in the literature is indicative of a nebulous understanding of the complex spatial anatomy of acetabular cup orientation...
- More than just a bump: cam-type femoroacetabular impingement and the evolution of the femoral neckVincent Y Ng
The Ohio State University Medical Center, Department of Orthopaedics, Ohio 43210, USA
Hip Int 21:1-8. 2011..While this protuberance may contribute to future pathology, the authors feel that increased loading of the hip, not impingement activities, during late childhood and early adolescence predispose patients to develop this morphology...
- Periprosthetic femoral condyle fracture after total knee arthroplasty and saline-coupled bipolar sealing technologyVincent Y Ng
The Ohio State University Medical Center, Department of Orthopedics, 4110 Cramblett Hall, 456 W10th Ave, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Orthopedics 34:53. 2011..The senior author has significantly decreased his use of saline-cooled bipolar radiofrequency and has seen no recurrence of these complications...
- Fine needle aspiration for clinical triage of extremity soft tissue massesVincent Y Ng
Department of Orthopaedics, Ohio State University Medical Center, 1050 Doan Hall, 410 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH, 43210, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:1120-8. 2010..Numerous reports describe its use with metastatic or recurrent lesions, but FNAC is less accepted for primary lesions...
- Perivascular lymphocytic infiltration is not limited to metal-on-metal bearingsVincent Y Ng
Department of Orthopaedics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:523-9. 2011....
- Cam morphology in the human hipVincent Y Ng
Department of Orthopaedics, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio 43221, USA
Orthopedics 35:320-7. 2012..The authors introduce a new classification scheme and review the historical and anthropological considerations, biomechanics, and genetic factors involved in cam morphology...
- Efficacy of treatment of trochanteric bursitis: a systematic reviewDavid P Lustenberger
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Ohio State University Sports Medicine Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43221, USA
Clin J Sport Med 21:447-53. 2011..However, multiple courses of nonoperative treatment or surgical intervention may be necessary in refractory cases. The purpose of this systematic review was to evaluate the efficacy of the treatment of TB...
- Improved accuracy of alignment with patient-specific positioning guides compared with manual instrumentation in TKAVincent Y Ng
Department of Orthopaedics, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:99-107. 2012..Designed to improve alignment accuracy and precision, the patient-specific positioning guide is predicated on restoration of the overall mechanical axis and is a multifaceted new tool in achieving traditional goals of TKA...
- Efficacy of surgery for femoroacetabular impingement: a systematic reviewVincent Y Ng
Department of Orthopaedics, The Ohio State University, 2050 Kenny Road, Suite 3300, Columbus, OH 43221, USA
Am J Sports Med 38:2337-45. 2010..Recent case studies on the surgical treatment of femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) have introduced a large amount of clinical data. However, there has been no clear consensus on its efficacy...
- Femoroacetabular impingement: a common cause of hip pain in young adultsJulie Balch Samora
Department of Orthopaedics, The Ohio State University, 456 W 10th Ave, Columbus, OH, USA
Clin J Sport Med 21:51-6. 2011..The clinical presentation, physical examination findings, and radiographic features are discussed in this article...
- Nonoperative management of a sagittal coracoid fracture with a concomitant acromioclavicular joint separationKristen Thomas
Sports Medicine Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43221, USA
Int J Shoulder Surg 4:44-7. 2010..We present a novel coracoid fracture pattern treated nonoperatively in a young, active patient and a thorough review of the literature regarding this topic...
- Calcium phosphate cement to prevent collapse in avascular necrosis of the femoral headVincent Y Ng
Department of Orthopaedics, The Ohio State University Medical Center, 2050 Kenny Road, Columbus, OH 43221, USA
Med Hypotheses 74:725-6. 2010..We hypothesize that calcium phosphate cement in conjunction with standard decompression of osteonecrotic femoral head lesions can prevent collapse...