Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Bedside leukoreduction of cellular blood components in preventing cytomegalovirus transmission in allogeneic bone marrow transplant recipients: a retrospective studyA B Narvios
University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, Texas, USA
Haematologica 86:749-52. 2001..The aim of this study was to determine whether CMV infection occurred in CMV-seronegative BMT patients who received CMV-seronegative donor marrows and CMV untested blood products leukodepleted at the bedside...
- Transfusion of leukoreduced cellular blood components from cytomegalovirus-unscreened donors in allogeneic hematopoietic transplant recipients: analysis of 72 recipientsA B Narvios
1Department of Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:499-501. 2005..Two of 61 patients who were not seroconverted were CMV antigenemia positive and did not have CMV infection: leukoreduction of cellular blood products is an efficient method of preventing CMV infection...
- Thirty-day typing and screening for patients undergoing elective surgery: experience at a large cancer centerAida B Narvios
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Transfusion 46:348-51. 2006..This study was conducted to show that extending the expiration date of the preoperative blood sample for blood typing and screening to 30 days will serve our purpose and provide better patient care...
- The role and impact of the transfusion medicine consultation service in the management of patients in the hematopoietic transplant service: A retrospective analysisA Narvios
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Transfus Clin Biol 16:383-7. 2009....
- Immediate adverse reactions to platelet transfusions: whole blood derived versus apheresis plateletsA Salam
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Mymensingh Med J 22:143-7. 2013..However, the rate of reactions to WBDP may increase if WBDPs are stored for a prolonged time (>2 days). Until evidence becomes available that clearly refutes this; the more fresh platelets as possible may be used...
- Safety and efficacy of transfusions of autologous cryopreserved platelets derived from recombinant human thrombopoietin to support chemotherapy-associated severe thrombocytopenia: a randomised cross-over studySaroj Vadhan-Raj
Department of Bioimmunotherapy, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Lancet 359:2145-52. 2002..We aimed to compare the safety and efficacy of this strategy with that of transfusion with fresh allogeneic platelets in patients with severe chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia...
- Intraarterial platelet infusion for patients with intractable gastrointestinal hemorrhage and severe refractory thrombocytopeniaDavid C Madoff
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 325, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:393-7. 2004..In both patients, after IA platelet infusion, blood product requirements were immediately reduced, bleeding from the GI tract resolved by clinical and laboratory criteria, and no significant bowel ischemia was seen...