Affiliation: The Rockefeller University
- Paraneoplastic neurologic disease antigens: RNA-binding proteins and signaling proteins in neuronal degenerationK Musunuru
Laboratory of Molecular Neuro Oncology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Annu Rev Neurosci 24:239-62. 2001..The biology and functions of these proteins are reviewed, and a model in which their functions are related to the pathogenesis of autoimmune neurologic disease is discussed...
- Cell-specific RNA-binding proteins in human diseaseKiran Musunuru
Laboratories of Molecular Biophysics and Molecular Neuro Oncology, The Rockefeller University, Box 386, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Trends Cardiovasc Med 13:188-95. 2003..Structure/function studies of these RBPs have begun to yield important insights into how they help to shape the protein expression programs unique to heart, skeletal muscle, brain, and other tissues...
- Sequence-specific RNA binding by a Nova KH domain: implications for paraneoplastic disease and the fragile X syndromeH A Lewis
Laboratories of Molecular Biophysics, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell 100:323-32. 2000..Sequence conservation suggests that fragile X mental retardation results from perturbation of RNA binding by the FMR1 protein...
- Crystal structures of Nova-1 and Nova-2 K-homology RNA-binding domainsH A Lewis
Laboratories of Molecular Biophysics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY, 10021 USA
Structure 7:191-203. 1999..Many proteins contain more than one KH domain, yet there is no published structural information regarding the behavior of such multimers...
- Two ZBP1 KH domains facilitate beta-actin mRNA localization, granule formation, and cytoskeletal attachmentKim L Farina
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Cell Biol 160:77-87. 2003....
- Determination and augmentation of RNA sequence specificity of the Nova K-homology domainsKiran Musunuru
Laboratory of Molecular Neuro Oncology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 32:4852-61. 2004..These data yield important insights into KH domain function and suggest a strategy by which to engineer KH domains with novel sequence preferences...
- Biomarkers for prediction of cardiovascular eventsKiran Musunuru
N Engl J Med 356:1472; author reply 1474-5. 2007
- Clinical efficacy and safety of statins in managing cardiovascular riskNavin K Kapur
Division of Cardiology, Tufts University, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:341-53. 2008..This review provides a detailed understanding of the clinical efficacy and safety of statins with a particular emphasis on the third generation drug, rosuvastatin...