Genomes and Genes
Stephen A Murray
Affiliation: The Jackson Laboratory
- Beyond knockouts: cre resources for conditional mutagenesisStephen A Murray
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 23:587-99. 2012..We discuss the current progress on all of these fronts and the challenges that remain to ensure the scientific community can capitalize on the tremendous number of mouse resources at their disposal...
- Mouse resources for craniofacial researchStephen A Murray
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
Genesis 49:190-9. 2011..Continued progress will require awareness and access to these essential mouse resources. In this review, current mouse resources, large-scale efforts, and potential future directions will be outlined and discussed...
- A novel allele of Alx4 results in reduced Fgf10 expression and failure of eyelid fusion in miceMichelle Curtain
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main St, Bar Harbor, ME, 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 26:173-80. 2015..Together, these data demonstrate that eyelid fusion in mice requires the expression of Alx4, accompanied by the loss of normal expression of essential components of the eyelid fusion pathway. ..
- Kidney adysplasia and variable hydronephrosis, a new mutation affecting the odd-skipped related 1 gene in the mouse, causes variable defects in kidney development and hydronephrosisMuriel T Davisson
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 308:F1335-42. 2015..The kavh/kavh mutant provides a model to study kidney development and test therapies for hydronephrosis...
- Supporting conditional mouse mutagenesis with a comprehensive cre characterization resourceCaleb S Heffner
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Nat Commun 3:1218. 2012..Together, these results highlight the importance of deep characterization of cre strains, and provide the scientific community with a critical resource for cre strain information...
- Mutation discovery in mice by whole exome sequencingHeather Fairfield
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main St, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Genome Biol 12:R86. 2011..We found strong candidate mutations for the majority of mutant exomes sequenced, including new models of orofacial clefting, urogenital dysmorphology, kyphosis and autoimmune hepatitis...
- Mouse gestation length is genetically determinedStephen A Murray
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e12418. 2010....
- The perfect host: a mouse host embryo facilitating more efficient germ line transmission of genetically modified embryonic stem cellsRobert A Taft
Technology Evaluation and Development, The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e67826. 2013..Collectively, this approach reduces the time and costs inherent in the production of genetically modified animals. ..