Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Comorbid symptoms of sleep-disordered breathing and behavioral sleep problems from 18-57 months of age: a population-based studyMelisa Moore
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Behav Sleep Med 11:222-30. 2013..Results suggest that an interdisciplinary approach, including behavioral expertise, is warranted even if the referral concern is solely SDB...
- Behavioral sleep problems in children and adolescentsMelisa Moore
The Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th St and Civic Ctr Blvd, 9NW 50, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 19:77-83. 2012..In this article, the assessment of behavioral sleep problems, as well as specific behavioral sleep disorders, and their treatments will be discussed...
- Genetic and environmental influences on sleep problems: a study of preadolescent and adolescent twinsM Moore
Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Child Care Health Dev 37:638-41. 2011..The aim of this study was to examine the extent to which additive genetic, shared environmental and non-shared environmental factors contribute to adolescent and preadolescent sleep problems...
- Relationships among sleepiness, sleep time, and psychological functioning in adolescentsMelisa Moore
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 34:1175-83. 2009..This study examined associations among adolescent sleepiness, sleep duration, variability in sleep duration, and psychological functioning (symptoms of anxiety, depression, externalizing behaviors, and perceived health)...
- The sleepy adolescent: causes and consequences of sleepiness in teensMelisa Moore
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3624 Market Street, Suite 205, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Paediatr Respir Rev 9:114-20; quiz 120-1. 2008..Recognition and management of insufficient sleep and sleepiness is important for the health and functioning of adolescents...
- Correlates of adolescent sleep time and variability in sleep time: the role of individual and health related characteristicsMelisa Moore
The Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep Med 12:239-45. 2011..g., ADHD, asthma, birth weight, and BMI). The aim of the current study was to investigate the relationship between such variables and actigraphic measures of sleep duration and variability...
- Bedtime problems and night wakings in childrenMelisa Moore
CHOP Sleep Center, 34th Street and Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Prim Care 35:569-81, viii. 2008..This article reviews the presentation of bedtime problems and night wakings, empirically validated interventions, and challenges to treatment in both typically developing and special populations of children...
- The need for interdisciplinary pediatric sleep clinicsLisa J Meltzer
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Behav Sleep Med 6:268-82. 2008....
- Mortality associated with short sleep duration: The evidence, the possible mechanisms, and the futureMichael A Grandner
Center for Sleep and Respiratory Neurobiology, Division of Sleep Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 125 South 31st Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep Med Rev 14:191-203. 2010..We put forth a social-ecological framework to explore five possible pathways for the relationship between sleep duration and mortality, and we conclude with a four-point agenda for future research...
- A meta-analysis of the effects of psychological interventions in pediatric oncology on outcomes of psychological distress and adjustmentAhna L H Pai
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 31:978-88. 2006..To estimate the effectiveness of psychological interventions in pediatric oncology on decreasing psychological distress and increasing psychological adjustment using meta-analytic methods...
- Heritability of insomnia symptoms in youth and their relationship to depression and anxietyPhilip R Gehrman
Department of Psychiatry and Penn Sleep Center, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, Suite 670, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Sleep 34:1641-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to examine the relative contributions of genetic and environmental factors in explaining variability in insomnia symptoms...
- Bedtime problems and night wakings: treatment of behavioral insomnia of childhoodMelisa Moore
Melisa Moore, Sleep Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Psychol 66:1195-204. 2010..A case of a 3-year-old girl with BIC illustrates how treatment helped her to develop healthy sleep habits and taught her to sleep independently via graduated and standard extinction...
- Sleep disruptions in parents of children and adolescents with chronic illnesses: prevalence, causes, and consequencesLisa J Meltzer
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 33:279-91. 2008..Provide a comprehensive review of the existing literature on the prevalence, causes, and consequences of sleep disruptions in parents of youth with chronic illnesses...
- Pretend play as a resource for children: implications for pediatricians and health professionalsMelisa Moore
Department of Psychology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 6038, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 27:237-48. 2006..Despite these limitations, existing evidence suggests that play is a helpful intervention and that future research that addresses these limitations is warranted...
- A review of pediatric nonrespiratory sleep disordersMelisa Moore
Case Western Reserve University, Department of Psychology, Mather Memorial Building, No 109, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Chest 130:1252-62. 2006..This article will provide an updated review of nonrespiratory pediatric sleep disorders within a developmental framework...
- Longitudinal changes in family outcomes of very low birth weightMelisa Moore
Department of Psychology, Case Western Reserve University, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 31:1024-35. 2006..This study examined long-term family outcomes and their stability over time...