Federico A Monzon
Affiliation: The Methodist Hospital
- Chromosome 14q loss defines a molecular subtype of clear-cell renal cell carcinoma associated with poor prognosisFederico A Monzon
Department of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Houston, TX, USA
Mod Pathol 24:1470-9. 2011..Further exploration of 8q gain, 14q loss, MYC, HIF1A and EPAS1 (HIF2α) as molecular markers of tumor behavior and prognosis could aid in personalizing medicine for patients with clear-cell renal cell carcinoma...
- Genomic profiling of plasmablastic lymphoma using array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH): revealing significant overlapping genomic lesions with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaChung Che Chang
Department of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Houston TX, USA
J Hematol Oncol 2:47. 2009..The goal of the current study was to evaluate the genetic similarities and differences among PL, DLBCL (AIDS-related and non AIDS-related) and PCM using array-based comparative genomic hybridization...
- The role of KRAS mutation testing in the management of patients with metastatic colorectal cancerFederico A Monzon
Department of Molecular Diagnostics, The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Houston, Texas 77030 2703, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:1600-6. 2009..Several recent studies have shown that patients with KRAS mutations in codons 12 or 13 in metastatic tumors do not benefit from anti-epidermal growth factor receptor therapy with cetuximab or panitumumab...
- Whole genome SNP arrays as a potential diagnostic tool for the detection of characteristic chromosomal aberrations in renal epithelial tumorsFederico A Monzon
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Mod Pathol 21:599-608. 2008....
- Detection of chromosomal aberrations in renal tumors: a comparative study of conventional cytogenetics and virtual karyotyping with single-nucleotide polymorphism microarraysFederico A Monzon
Department of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:1917-22. 2009....
- Diagnosis of uncertain primary tumors with the Pathwork tissue-of-origin testFederico A Monzon
Department of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, 6565 Fannin St, MS 205, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 10:17-25. 2010..The availability of ancillary gene expression-based molecular tests for tissue of origin determination represents a milestone in cancer patient management as part of the personalized medicine revolution...
- Diagnosis of metastatic neoplasms: molecular approaches for identification of tissue of originFederico A Monzon
The Methodist Hospital, 6565 Fannin Street, MS205, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:216-24. 2010..Patients with these types of tumors show worse outcomes when compared to patients in which a primary tumor is identified. New molecular tests that identify molecular signatures of a tissue of origin have become available...
- Identification of tissue of origin in carcinoma of unknown primary with a microarray-based gene expression testFederico A Monzon
Clinical Genomics Facility, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Diagn Pathol 5:3. 2010..However, primary classification remains a challenge in many cases. We evaluated the ability of a microarray-based gene expression test to identify the TOO in tumor specimens from 21 patients with a diagnosis of CUP...
- Multicenter validation of a 1,550-gene expression profile for identification of tumor tissue of originFederico A Monzon
The Methodist Hospital and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2503-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to validate a predefined 1,550-gene expression profile for this purpose...
- Virtual-karyotyping with SNP microarrays in morphologically challenging renal cell neoplasms: a practical and useful diagnostic modalityHyun Jung Kim
The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1276-86. 2009..We consider that this technique is a feasible and practical approach for resolving difficult-to-diagnose renal tumors in clinical practice...
- Reproducibility and performance of virtual karyotyping with SNP microarrays for the detection of chromosomal imbalances in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissuesKarla Alvarez
Department of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Houston, TX, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 19:127-34. 2010..Here, we report the performance and reproducibility of virtual karyotyping of FFPE tissues with Affymetrix SNP arrays...
- PTEN genomic deletion is associated with p-Akt and AR signalling in poorer outcome, hormone refractory prostate cancerKanishka Sircar
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Pathology, Houston, TX, USA
J Pathol 218:505-13. 2009..0001), AR (p = 0.025), and to cancer-specific mortality (p = 0.039). PTEN deletion is common in HRPC, with bi-allelic loss correlating to disease-specific mortality and associated with Akt and AR deregulation...
- Multiple distinct clones may co-exist in different lineages in myelodysplastic syndromesWan Ting Huang
Pathology, The Methodist Hospital and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Houston, TX, United States
Leuk Res 33:847-53. 2009..Further studies are warranted to confirm our findings and to investigate the lineage specific genomic lesions in MDS...
- Array-based karyotyping for prognostic assessment in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: performance comparison of Affymetrix 10K2.0, 250K Nsp, and SNP6.0 arraysJill M Hagenkord
Molecular Pathology and Clinical Genomics, Creighton University Medical Center, Department of Pathology, 601 N 30 Street, Suite 2400, Omaha, NE 68131 2197, USA
J Mol Diagn 12:184-96. 2010....
- Optimization of the Affymetrix GeneChip Mapping 10K 2.0 Assay for routine clinical use on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissuesMaureen Lyons-Weiler
Clinical Genomics Facility, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 17:3-13. 2008..0 SNP array. This optimized protocol opens up the potential for the GeneChip Mapping assay to be used in the development of clinical test assays...
- Gene expression profiles of prostate cancer reveal involvement of multiple molecular pathways in the metastatic processUma R Chandran
Departmental of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
BMC Cancer 7:64. 2007..Understanding the differences in the biology of metastatic and organ confined primary tumors is essential for developing new prognostic markers and therapeutic targets...
- Renal medullary carcinomas: histopathologic phenotype associated with diverse genotypesZoran Gatalica
Department of Pathology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Hum Pathol 42:1979-88. 2011....
- Synchronous clear cell renal cell carcinoma and tubulocystic carcinoma: genetic evidence of independent ontogenesis and implications of chromosomal imbalances in tumor progressionGabriela Quiroga-Garza
Department of Pathology and Genomic Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Diagn Pathol 7:21. 2012..Second, the presence of a ccRCC with varying degrees of differentiation exemplifies the sequence of chromosomal imbalances acquired during tumor progression...
- Clinical genomics of renal epithelial tumorsJill M Hagenkord
Department of Pathology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE, USA
Cancer Genet 204:285-97. 2011..This review summarizes the genetic and genomic changes in the most common types of renal epithelial tumors and highlights the clinical implications of these aberrations...
- Molecular classification of adult renal epithelial neoplasms using microRNA expression and virtual karyotypingMartin P Powers
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The Methodist Hospital and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Houston, TX, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 20:63-70. 2011..In addition, the lack of correlation between miRNA expression and virtual karyotype suggests a non-copy-number-related mechanism for miRNA gene expression regulation in renal neoplasia...
- Methylation of the ASC gene promoter is associated with aggressive prostate cancerRachael L Collard
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Prostate 66:687-95. 2006....
- In vitro transcription amplification and labeling methods contribute to the variability of gene expression profiling with DNA microarraysChangqing Ma
Department of Pathology, Center for Pathology Informatics, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15237, USA
J Mol Diagn 8:183-92. 2006..This study provides evidence that variability in expression data may be caused, in part, by differences in amplification and labeling protocols...
- Identification of tissue of origin in body fluid specimens using a gene expression microarray assayGregory A Stancel
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Cytopathol 120:62-70. 2012..In the current study, the authors evaluated the Tissue of Origin Test for use with malignant effusion specimens...
- Pattern-selection based power analysis and discrimination of low- and high-grade myelodysplastic syndromes study using SNP arraysXiaorong Yang
Department of Radiology, The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, Center for Biotechnology and Informatics, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5054. 2009....
- Interlaboratory performance of a microarray-based gene expression test to determine tissue of origin in poorly differentiated and undifferentiated cancersCatherine I Dumur
Department of Pathology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
J Mol Diagn 10:67-77. 2008....
- Longitudinal analysis of androgen deprivation of prostate cancer cells identifies pathways to androgen independenceJason M D'Antonio
Program in Cellular and Molecular Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232, USA
Prostate 68:698-714. 2008..Following androgen ablation therapy, the majority of prostate cancer patients develop treatment resistance with a median time of 18-24 months to disease progression...
- Contemporary approach to diagnosis and classification of renal cell carcinoma with mixed histologic featuresKanishka Sircar
Departments of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Chin J Cancer 32:303-11. 2013....
- Genomic heterogeneity of translocation renal cell carcinomaGabriel G Malouf
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 3721, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:4673-84. 2013..Translocation renal cell carcinoma (tRCC) is a rare subtype of kidney cancer involving the TFEB/TFE3 genes. We aimed to investigate the genomic and epigenetic features of this entity...
- Attenuated familial adenomatous polyposis: a case report with mixed features and review of genotype-phenotype correlationDiana N Ionescu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:1401-4. 2005..Differences in the APC mutation sites alone cannot completely account for intrafamilial and interfamilial variation in the polyposis phenotypes...
- Integrative genomic and proteomic analysis of prostate cancer reveals signatures of metastatic progressionSooryanarayana Varambally
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer Cell 8:393-406. 2005....