Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Influence of individual and social contextual factors on changes in leisure-time physical activity in working-class populations: results of the Healthy Directions-Small Businesses StudyLorna H McNeill
Department of Health Disparities Research, Unit 125, M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, 1100 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Causes Control 23:1475-87. 2012....
- Feasibility of using a web-based nutrition intervention among residents of multiethnic working-class neighborhoodsLorna H McNeill
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1100 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 125, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 4:A55. 2007..This pilot study tested the usefulness of a Web-based intervention designed to deliver nutrition-related information to and increase fruit and vegetable consumption among adults from working-class neighborhoods...
- Exploring social contextual correlates of computer ownership and frequency of use among urban, low-income, public housing adult residentsLorna H McNeill
Department of Health Disparities Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1100 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 125, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Med Internet Res 9:e35. 2007..Larger social contextual factors, such as social networks and neighborhood factors, may influence computer ownership and the number of places where individuals have access to computers...
- Colorectal cancer prevention for low-income, sociodemographically-diverse adults in public housing: baseline findings of a randomized controlled trialLorna H McNeill
Department of Health Disparities Research, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
BMC Public Health 9:353. 2009....
- GIS walking maps to promote physical activity in low-income public housing communities: a qualitative examinationLorna H McNeill
Department of Health Disparities Research, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 1440, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E17. 2012..We examined the use of walking maps for increasing physical activity (PA) among low-income residents of public housing sites in Boston, Massachusetts...
- Multiple measures of physical activity, dietary habits and weight status in African American and Hispanic or Latina womenRebecca E Lee
Department of Health and Human Performance, Texas Obesity Research Center, University of Houston, 3855 Holman St, Garrison Rm 104, Houston, TX 77204 6015, USA
J Community Health 36:1011-23. 2011..001). Relationships between behaviors and weight status suggest accelerometry and DHQ are preferable, regardless of ethnicity; and studies may capture different domains of physical activity and dietary habits depending on measure used...
- Safe to walk? Neighborhood safety and physical activity among public housing residentsGary G Bennett
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Med 4:1599-606; discussion 1607. 2007..In such settings, neighborhood safety may impact willingness to be regularly physically active. We examined the association of perceived neighborhood safety with pedometer-determined physical activity and physical activity self-efficacy...
- Social contextual and environmental predictors of PA in sedentary minority adultsLORNA MCNEILL; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Social contextual and environmental predictors of PA in sedentary minority adultsLorna Haughton McNeill; Fiscal Year: 2010....