M A McLoughlin
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Diagnosis and surgical management of ectopic uretersM A McLoughlin
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Clin Tech Small Anim Pract 15:17-24. 2000..Surgical procedures, which are aimed at repositioning the ureteral orifice(s) within the bladder lumen and treating primary sphincter incompetence, are necessary to successfully manage small animal patients with ectopic ureters...
- Complications of lower urinary tract surgery in small animalsMary A McLoughlin
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Ohio State University, 601 Vernon L Tharp Street, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 41:889-913, v. 2011..Complications can result from inappropriate or inadequate diagnosis, localization, and surgical planning; failure to respect regional anatomy, and other causes...
- Uroendoscopy. Evaluation of the lower urinary tractK L Cannizzo
Department of Clinical Sciences, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 31:789-807, ix. 2001..By providing a magnified view of the luminal surfaces of the lower urinary tract, uroendoscopy provides useful diagnostic information that is not readily available even by more invasive techniques...
- Treatment of chronic pleural effusion with pleuroperitoneal shunts in dogs: 14 cases (1985-1999)D D Smeak
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 219:1590-7. 2001..Most complications can be successfully managed, but even when shunts are functional some treatments fail because of severe abdominal distension or massive pleural fluid production that overwhelms the functional capacity of the shunt...
- Episioplasty for the treatment of perivulvar dermatitis or recurrent urinary tract infections in dogs with excessive perivulvar skin folds: 31 cases (1983-2000)B A Lightner
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University Columbus 43210, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 219:1577-81. 2001..Episioplasty is an effective low morbidity treatment for perivulvar dermatitis and chronic UTI associated with excessive perivulvar skin folds...
- Thromboelastographic changes after gonadectomy in retired racing greyhoundsP Vilar Saavedra
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences and Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Vet Rec 169:99. 2011..Only the TEG variables that represent the fibrin cross-linking of the clot (TEG(angle) OR: 0.903, P=0.03); and the strength of the clot (TEG(MA) OR: 0.833, P=0.03) were considered predictors of the outcome...