Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Matching community need with physician training: the OSU Urban Family Medicine ProgramLeon McDougle
The Ohio State University Urban Family Medicine Residency Program, 1492 E Broad St, Suite 1302, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:687-9. 2006..The mission, vision and (curriculum have attracted residency applicants and faculty who have displayed sincere interest and commitment to practicing in urban lower socioeconomic communities...
- Academic and professional career outcomes of medical school graduates who failed USMLE Step 1 on the first attemptLeon McDougle
The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Meiling Hall, Room 066, 370 West 9th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 18:279-89. 2013..2. Our observations regarding characteristics of graduates in our study cohort who initially failed Step 1 can inform efforts by medical schools to identify and assist students who are at particular risk of failing Step 1...
- Effectiveness of a premedical postbaccalaureate program in improving medical college admission test scores of underrepresented minority and disadvantaged studentsLeon McDougle
The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, 456 W 10th Ave, Room 1114, Columbus OH 43210, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 100:1021-4. 2008....
- Survey of care for the underserved: a control group study of practicing physicians who were graduates of The Ohio State University College of Medicine premedical postbaccalaureate training programLeon McDougle
MEDPATH Postbaccalaureate Program, Department of Family Medicine, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Acad Med 85:36-40. 2010..g., on Medicaid or uninsured) and/or poor. The authors explored the relationship between successful completion of a midwestern PBP and providing care for the underserved...
- Evaluation of a new cultural competency training program: CARE ColumbusLeon McDougle
The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 456 W 10th Ave, Rm 1114, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 102:756-60. 2010..This article reports the educational outcomes of the newly developed CARE (Cultural Awareness and Respect Through Education) Columbus cultural competency training program...
- Future of family medicine workforce in the United StatesLeon McDougle
Fam Pract 23:8-9. 2006..Through collaboration and advocacy, we can all ensure a continued enthusiasm for the selection and retention of family medicine as a career...