Affiliation: The Methodist Hospital
- Establishing a culture of blood management through education: a quality initiative study of postoperative blood use in CABG patients at Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular CenterFaisal Masud
Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, The Methodist Hospital, 6565 Fannin Street, B452, Houston, TX 77030 2707, USA
Am J Med Qual 26:349-56. 2011..2% reduction in blood product volume used in the entire CVICU, with no additional harm to patients and a trend toward better outcomes. This team-driven paradigm change has made blood management everyone's initiative...
- Recombinant factor VIIa treatment of severe bleeding in cardiac surgery patients: a retrospective analysis of dosing, efficacy, and safety outcomesFaisal Masud
Department of Anesthesiology, Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 23:28-33. 2009..To describe rFVIIa dosing and clinical outcomes in cardiovascular surgery patients with refractory bleeding...
- Outcomes before and after initiation of an acute aortic treatment centerMark G Davies
Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, The Methodist Hospital, 6550 Fannin Smith Tower, Ste 1401, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Vasc Surg 52:1478-85. 2010....
- Updates on critical care management of cardiovascular patientsFaisal Masud
Methodist BeDakey Heart and Vascular Center, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc J 7:28-32. 2011....
- Safety and Efficacy of Mobility Interventions in Patients with Femoral Catheters in the ICU: A Prospective Observational StudyChristiane Perme
The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Cardiopulm Phys Ther J 24:12-7. 2013..The purpose of this study was to examine the incidence of femoral catheter related adverse effects during physical therapy (PT) sessions in a cardiovascular intensive care unit (ICU)...
- Preventing healthcare-associated infections in cardiac surgical patients as a hallmark of excellenceFaisal Masud
Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc J 7:48-50. 2011..This publication will briefly discuss the four most common infections and strategies to reduce HAIs and will touch on some of the infection-control experiences from the Methodist DeBakey Heart & vascular Center (MDHVC)...