Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Dental plaque-induced gingival diseasesA Mariotti
Ohio State University School of Dentistry, Columbus, USA
Ann Periodontol 4:7-19. 1999..In this review, the clinical characteristics of gingival disease associated with plaque, endogenous hormone fluctuations, drugs, systemic diseases, and malnutrition were investigated...
- Bisphosphonates and osteonecrosis of the jawsAngelo Mariotti
Department of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Dent Educ 72:919-29. 2008..At this time, a causal relationship between BON and bisphosphonates has not been demonstrated. This review will evaluate current data related to the occurrence, risk, prevention, treatment, and management of BON...
- The in vivo effects of bisGMA on murine uterine weight, nucleic acids and collagenA Mariotti
Section of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 106:1022-7. 1998..However, the high dose (100 microg/kg) of bisGMA caused a significant increase above ovariectomized controls in uterine collagen content...
- Estrogen and extracellular matrix influence human gingival fibroblast proliferation and protein productionAngelo J Mariotti
Section of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
J Periodontol 76:1391-7. 2005..A paucity of information exists concerning how estrogen affects cellular function in the gingiva of women. In this study, the behavior of human gingival fibroblasts was examined in the presence of a potent estrogen, estradiol...
- Efficacy of chemical root surface modifiers in the treatment of periodontal disease. A systematic reviewAngelo Mariotti
Section of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Ann Periodontol 8:205-26. 2003..Varying results from histological and clinical studies have created controversy about the clinical effectiveness of root surface decalcification...
- Gender-specific differences in temporomandibular retrodiscal tissues of the goatA Mariotti
Section of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1241, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 108:461-3. 2000..These differences in collagens and DNA reflect a gender difference in temporomandibular retrodiscal tissue composition that underlies divergent biomechanical and neurophysiological properties...
- An investigation of the relationship between systemic bone density and clinical periodontal status in post-menopausal Asian-American womenAbdel R Mohammad
Geriatric Dental Program, The Ohio State University, College of Dentistry, 305 W 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Int Dent J 53:121-5. 2003..The relationship between osteoporosis and periodontal disease is not understood. The aim of this study was to examine the association between bone mineral density (BMD) and periodontal status in a population of Asian-American women...
- Using a Delphi panel to survey criteria for successful periodontal therapy in anterior teethW Scott Lightfoot
Section of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43218 2357, USA
J Periodontol 76:1508-12. 2005..This study focuses on outcome measures relevant in assessing therapy of anterior teeth with chronic periodontitis...
- Intrapocket anesthesia for scaling and root planing in pain-sensitive patientsIngvar Magnusson
Department of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, Periodontal Disease Research Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Periodontol 74:597-602. 2003..The present multicenter, double-blind, randomized study evaluated the anesthetic effect of this gel in pain-sensitive patients by using a visual analog scale (VAS) and a verbal rating scale (VRS)...
- Brittle bones and loose teeth: relationship between osteoporosis and periodontitisAngelo J Mariotti
Section of Periodontology, Ohio State University College of Dentistry, USA
Alpha Omegan 96:41-6. 2003