Amy B Manning-Bog
Affiliation: The Parkinson's Institute
- Lack of nigrostriatal pathology in a rat model of proteasome inhibitionAmy B Manning-Bog
Department of Basic Research, The Parkinson s Institute, Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Ann Neurol 60:256-60. 2006....
- Increased vulnerability of nigrostriatal terminals in DJ-1-deficient mice is mediated by the dopamine transporterAmy B Manning-Bog
Department of Basic Research, The Parkinson s Institute, 1170 Morse Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA
Neurobiol Dis 27:141-50. 2007..control striatum. Thus, under null DJ-1 conditions, DAT changes likely contribute to altered DA neurotransmission and enhanced sensitivity to toxins that utilize DAT for nigrostriatal entry...
- Alpha-synuclein-glucocerebrosidase interactions in pharmacological Gaucher models: a biological link between Gaucher disease and parkinsonismAmy B Manning-Bog
The Parkinson s Institute, 675 Almanor Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
Neurotoxicology 30:1127-32. 2009....
- Environmental risk factors and Parkinson's disease: selective degeneration of nigral dopaminergic neurons caused by the herbicide paraquatAlison L McCormack
The Parkinson s Institute, Sunnyvale, California 94089, USA
Neurobiol Dis 10:119-27. 2002....
- Alpha-synuclein overexpression protects against paraquat-induced neurodegenerationAmy B Manning-Bog
The Parkinson s Institute, Sunnyvale, California 94089 1605, USA
J Neurosci 23:3095-9. 2003....
- Lysosomal degradation of alpha-synuclein in vivoSally K Mak
The Parkinson s Institute, Sunnyvale, California 94085, USA
J Biol Chem 285:13621-9. 2010..It is conceivable that these neuronal mechanisms of protein clearance play an important role in neurodegenerative processes characterized by abnormal alpha-synuclein buildup...
- Evidence of oxidative stress in young and aged DJ-1-deficient miceArjun V Raman
The Parkinson s Institute, Department of Basic Research, Sunnyvale, CA, USA
FEBS Lett 587:1562-70. 2013..These changes were concomitant with increased striatal dopamine levels and uptake. Thus, increased oxidants and diminished protein quality control may contribute to nigral oxidative damage with aging in the model...
- Environmental factors in Parkinson's diseaseDonato A Di Monte
The Parkinson s Institute, Sunnyvale, CA 94089 1605, USA
Neurotoxicology 23:487-502. 2002..g. the protein alpha-synuclein); (iii) the tissue response to an initial toxic insult; and, last but not least, (iv) the effects of environmental factors on the background of genetic predisposition and aging...
- Model fusion, the next phase in developing animal models for Parkinson's diseaseAmy B Manning-Bog
The Parkinson s Institute, 1170 Morse Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA
Neurotox Res 11:219-40. 2007....
- The herbicide paraquat causes up-regulation and aggregation of alpha-synuclein in mice: paraquat and alpha-synucleinAmy B Manning-Bog
Parkinson s Institute, Sunnyvale, California 94089, USA
J Biol Chem 277:1641-4. 2002....