Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Improved method of preparation of supported planar lipid bilayers as artificial membranes for antigen presentationZhengyu Ma
Division of Rheumatology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Microsc Res Tech 74:1174-85. 2011..The newly expanded pristine bilayer showed high degrees of stability, homogeneity, and fluidity. MHC and ICAM-1 molecules anchored on the bilayer diffused freely and stimulated T cell calcium flux and adhesion, respectively...
- The receptor deformation model of TCR triggeringZhengyu Ma
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
FASEB J 22:1002-8. 2008..By introducing mechanical force into a model of T cell signal initiation, the receptor deformation model provides potential mechanistic solutions to the sensitivity and specificity of TCR triggering...
- Surface-anchored monomeric agonist pMHCs alone trigger TCR with high sensitivityZhengyu Ma
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Biol 6:e43. 2008..Based on these observations, we propose the receptor deformation model of TCR triggering to explain the remarkable sensitivity and specificity of TCR triggering...
- T cell receptor triggering by forceZhengyu Ma
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Trends Immunol 31:1-6. 2010..The receptor deformation model, for the first time, explains all three aspects of the TCR triggering puzzle: mechanism, specificity, and sensitivity...
- Effective gene suppression using small interfering RNA in hard-to-transfect human T cellsJiyi Yin
Division of Rheumatology, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol Methods 312:1-11. 2006..These studies demonstrate that the combination of SEC, siRNA expression vectors and Nucleofector technology can be successfully applied to hard-to-transfect human T cell lines and primary T cells to effectively silence genes...
- Complement receptor 3 ligation of dendritic cells suppresses their stimulatory capacityEdward M Behrens
Laboratory of Dendritic Cell Biology, Joseph Stokes, Jr Research Institute, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, and Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4318, USA
J Immunol 178:6268-79. 2007..We propose that CR3 provides a "nondanger" signal that suppresses the stimulatory capacity of DCs...
- Ligation of CD28 by its natural ligand CD86 in the absence of TCR stimulation induces lipid raft polarization in human CD4 T cellsBirgit Kovacs
Division of Rheumatology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, and Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 175:7848-54. 2005..This result has implications for mechanisms of T cell activation. Abnormalities in this process may alter T and B cell tolerance and susceptibility to infection...