Andreas W Loepke
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Desflurane improves neurologic outcome after low-flow cardiopulmonary bypass in newborn pigsAndreas W Loepke
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Anesthesiology 97:1521-7. 2002..Desflurane confers neuroprotection against ischemia at normothermia and for DHCA. This study compared neurologic outcome of a desflurane-based with a fentanyl-based anesthetic for LF-CPB...
- Apoptotic neuronal death following deep hypothermic circulatory arrest in pigletsDara Ditsworth
Brain Research Laboratory, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, The Joseph Stokes Jr Research Institute, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Anesthesiology 98:1119-27. 2003..Caspases, cytochrome c, tumor necrosis factor (TNF), and Fas play a role in apoptosis in many ischemic models. This study examined the expression of these factors in a DHCA piglet model...
- The plasma pharmacokinetics and cerebral spinal fluid penetration of intravenous topiramate in newborn pigsJeffrey L Galinkin
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Biopharm Drug Dispos 25:265-71. 2004..The plasma pharmacokinetics, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) penetration and pharmacodynamics of intravenous topiramate were studied in an established piglet model of hypoxia-ischemia...
- Injury pattern of the neonatal brain after hypothermic low-flow cardiopulmonary bypass in a piglet modelAndreas W Loepke
Department of Anesthesia, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Institute of Pediatric Anesthesia, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Ohio 45229, USA
Anesth Analg 101:340-8, table of contents. 2005..Less hippocampal damage was associated with higher blood glucose levels. Less functional neurological impairment and basal ganglia damage correlated with higher postoperative hematocrit...
- The physiologic effects of isoflurane anesthesia in neonatal miceAndreas W Loepke
Department of Anesthesia, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Anesth Analg 102:75-80. 2006..Use of 0.8 MAC isoflurane for evaluation of neuroprotection during hypoxia-ischemia requires mechanical ventilation and glucose supplementation in this model...
- An assessment of the effects of general anesthetics on developing brain structure and neurocognitive functionAndreas W Loepke
Department of Anesthesia, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Anesth Analg 106:1681-707. 2008..In the present review, we assess the evidence for the effects of commonly used anesthetics on neuronal structure and neurocognitive function in newborn humans and animals...
- CON: The toxic effects of anesthetics in the developing brain: the clinical perspectiveAndreas W Loepke
Anesth Analg 106:1664-9. 2008