Wan Chun Liu
Affiliation: The Rockefeller University
- Juvenile zebra finches can use multiple strategies to learn the same songWan Chun Liu
Field Research Center, The Rockefeller University, 495 Tyrrel Road, Millbrook, NY 12545, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:18177-82. 2004..A variety of vocal developmental trajectories have also been described in infants. Are these many ways to learn unique to the vocal domain or a hallmark of advanced brain function?..
- Variable rate of singing and variable song duration are associated with high immediate early gene expression in two anterior forebrain song nucleiWan Chun Liu
The Rockefeller University, Field Research Center, Millbrook, NY 12545, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10724-9. 2005..Thus, a combination of field and laboratory approaches helped us identify nuclei, context, and behavioral features associated with a change in gene expression thought to be a marker of behavioral variability...
- Variable food begging calls are harbingers of vocal learningWan Chun Liu
Laboratory of Animal Behavior, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5929. 2009....
- A learning program that ensures prompt and versatile vocal imitationWan Chun Liu
Laboratory of Animal Behavior, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20398-403. 2007..This single song then becomes more variable and, in a matter of days, is altered to closely match the neighbor's song. This elegant solution ensures species specificity and promptness of imitation...
- The origins of vocal learning: New sounds, new circuits, new cellsFernando Nottebohm
Laboratory of Animal Behavior, New York, NY 10065, USA
Brain Lang 115:3-17. 2010..Moreover, as we uncover how birds encode their learned song, we may also come closer to understanding how we encode our thoughts...