Kimberly Y Lin
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Genetic testing in congenital heart disease: ethical considerationsKimberly Y Lin
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 4:53-7. 2013..The case and the panel discussion that ensued highlight several ethical principles and challenges in this unique patient population. ..
- Troponin I levels from donors accepted for pediatric heart transplantation do not predict recipient graft survivalKimberly Y Lin
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 30:920-7. 2011..This study examined whether troponin I levels from donors accepted for pediatric heart transplantation predicted graft failure...
- Elevation of serum cardiac troponin I in a cross-sectional cohort of asymptomatic subjects with Friedreich ataxiaLisa S Friedman
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neurology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA, United States
Int J Cardiol 167:1622-4. 2013..At present, baseline values of cardiac troponin I are unknown among Friedreich ataxia subjects...
- Adolescent age and heart transplantation outcomes in myocarditis or congenital heart diseaseJill Savla
a Cardiac Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Electronic address
J Heart Lung Transplant 33:943-9. 2014..We tested the hypothesis that age-related heart transplantation outcomes are different in patients with myocarditis and congenital heart disease (CHD)...
- Pediatric heart transplantation from donors with depressed ventricular function: an analysis of the United Network of Organ Sharing DatabaseJoseph W Rossano
Department of Pediatrics and Department of Surgery, The Cardiac Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Circ Heart Fail 6:1223-9. 2013..We aimed to test the hypothesis that pediatric heart transplant recipients of grafts with depressed ventricular function would have comparable survival with those with normal function...
- Impact of congenital heart disease on outcomes of pediatric heart-lung transplantationBritton C Keeshan
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Transplant 18:204-10. 2014..94). In children with CHD who require HLT, underlying physiology influences outcomes. Those without ES have a worse prognosis. The diagnosis of CHD without ES and preoperative factors may inform decisions in a complex patient population...
- Thrombotic events in critically ill children with myocarditisKimberly Y Lin
1Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Perelman School of Medicine at theUniversity Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Cardiol Young 24:840-7. 2014..We hypothesised that thrombotic events in critically ill children with myocarditis are common and that children with myocarditis are at higher risk for thrombotic events than children with non-inflammatory dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Renal function assessment in child and adolescent heart transplant recipients during routine cardiac catheterizationKimberly Y Lin
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Transplant 18:757-63. 2014..We describe a novel modified iohexol clearance method to assess GFR after PHT. Over half of the cohort had an iGFR <90, suggesting CKD. The full CKiD formula performs best with respect to bias, accuracy, and correlation. ..
- Coronary ostioplasty for congenital atresia of the left main coronary artery ostiumDavid J Kaczorowski
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 94:1307-10. 2012..This condition is often misdiagnosed as anomalous left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery until the time of surgical intervention, leaving the surgeon little time to contemplate the best operative technique...
- Cross-sectional analysis of electrocardiograms in a large heterogeneous cohort of Friedreich ataxia subjectsKimberly A Schadt
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neurology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Child Neurol 27:1187-92. 2012..006 and P = .026 for left ventricular hypertrophy and P < .001 and P = .001 for right). Neurologic status as measured by the functional disability score did not predict ECG abnormalities...