Genomes and Genes
Hui Kuan Lin
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of cytosolic localization and oncogenic function of Skp2 by Akt/PKBHui Kuan Lin
Department of Pathology, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Cell Biol 11:420-32. 2009..Finally, we demonstrate that high levels of activation of Akt correlate with the cytosolic accumulation of Skp2 in human cancer specimens. Our results therefore define a novel proto-oncogenic Akt/PKB-dependent signalling pathway...
- Novel roles of Skp2 E3 ligase in cellular senescence, cancer progression, and metastasisGuocan Wang
Belfer Institute for Applied Cancer Science, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Chin J Cancer 31:169-77. 2012..This review discusses the recent discoveries on the novel roles of Skp2 in regulating cellular senescence, cancer progression, and metastasis, as well as the therapeutic potential of targeting Skp2 for human cancer treatment...
- Proteasome activity is required for androgen receptor transcriptional activity via regulation of androgen receptor nuclear translocation and interaction with coregulators in prostate cancer cellsHui Kuan Lin
George Whipple Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 277:36570-6. 2002....
- Skp2 targeting suppresses tumorigenesis by Arf-p53-independent cellular senescenceHui Kuan Lin
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 464:374-9. 2010..Our findings therefore provide proof-of-principle evidence that pharmacological inhibition of Skp2 may represent a general approach for cancer prevention and therapy...
- APPL suppresses androgen receptor transactivation via potentiating Akt activityLin Yang
Department of Pathology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 278:16820-7. 2003..Together, our data indicate that APPL may suppress AR transactivation via potentiating Akt activity...
- Regulation of interleukin-6-mediated PI3K activation and neuroendocrine differentiation by androgen signaling in prostate cancer LNCaP cellsShaozhen Xie
George H Whipple Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Prostate 60:61-7. 2004..In this study, we investigate how androgen plays a role in IL-6-mediated NE differentiation in LNCaP cell line...
- Crucial role of p53-dependent cellular senescence in suppression of Pten-deficient tumorigenesisZhenbang Chen
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Sloan Kettering Institute, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 436:725-30. 2005..Our results demonstrate the relevance of cellular senescence in restricting tumorigenesis in vivo and support a model for cooperative tumour suppression in which p53 is an essential failsafe protein of Pten-deficient tumours...
- Akt phosphorylates the transcriptional repressor bmi1 to block its effects on the tumor-suppressing ink4a-arf locusYan Liu
Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Sci Signal 5:ra77. 2012....
- Suppression of androgen receptor-mediated transactivation and cell growth by the glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta in prostate cellsLiang Wang
George Whipple Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 279:32444-52. 2004..Together, our data demonstrated that GSK3 beta may function as a repressor to suppress AR-mediated transactivation and cell growth, which may provide a new strategy to modulate the AR-mediated prostate cancer growth...
- Regulation of Skp2 expression and activity and its role in cancer progressionChia Hsin Chan
1Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 10:1001-15. 2010..The notion is supported by various genetic mouse models that demonstrate an oncogenic activity of Skp2 and its requirement in cancer progression, suggesting that Skp2 may be a novel and attractive therapeutic target for cancers...
- The mechanisms of PML-nuclear body formationTian Huai Shen
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell 24:331-9. 2006....
- Cytoplasmic PML function in TGF-beta signallingHui Kuan Lin
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Sloan Kettering Institute, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York, 10021, USA
Nature 431:205-11. 2004..Our findings identify cytoplasmic PML as a critical TGF-beta regulator, and further implicate deregulated TGF-beta signalling in cancer pathogenesis...
- Differential p53-independent outcomes of p19(Arf) loss in oncogenesisZhenbang Chen
Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center, Departments of Medicine and Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Sci Signal 2:ra44. 2009..Collectively, these data reveal differential consequences of p19(Arf) inactivation in prostate cancer and MEFs upon Pten loss that are independent of the p53 pathway...
- The crosstalk between the PI3K/Akt signal and Skp2 in prostate cancer progressionHui Kuan Lin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the important role of Skp2 and Skp2 S72 phopshorylation in prostate cancer progression and metastasis may provide an important therapeutic implication for human prostate cancers. ..
- Regulation of Akt signaling activation by polyubiquitinationHui Kuan Lin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the mechanism by which Akt activation is regulated may not only provide a great insight into how the oncogenic Akt signaling is regulated, but also offer the important therapeutic implications for human cancers. ..