Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- The role of a probiotics mixture in the treatment of childhood constipation: a pilot studyNoor L Houda Bekkali
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nutr J 6:17. 2007..The aim of this pilot study was to determine the effect of a mixture of probiotics containing bifidobacteria and lactobacilli in the treatment of childhood constipation...
- Novel and alternative therapies for childhood constipationOlivia Liem
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Columbus Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 9:214-8. 2007..This review provides an overview of novel and alternative therapies, such as new drugs, surgery, and probiotics, that are being proposed for the treatment of childhood chronic constipation...
- Tegaserod use in children: a single-center experienceOlivia Liem
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 46:54-8. 2008..Tegaserod is increasingly prescribed by pediatric gastroenterologists even though there are few published data concerning its use in children. The aim of this study was to describe the authors' experience with tegaserod in children...
- Rectal fecal impaction treatment in childhood constipation: enemas versus high doses oral PEGNoor L Houda Bekkali
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Emma Children s Hospital, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Pediatrics 124:e1108-15. 2009..We hypothesized that enemas and polyethylene glycol (PEG) would be equally effective in treating rectal fecal impaction (RFI) but enemas would be less well tolerated and colonic transit time (CTT) would improve during disimpaction...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the lumbosacral spine in children with chronic constipation or non-retentive fecal incontinence: a prospective studyNoor L Houda Bekkali
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pediatr 156:461-5. 2010....
- Effect of rectal distention on lower urinary tract function in childrenRosa Burgers
Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Urol 184:1680-5. 2010..We investigated the effect of rectal distention on lower urinary tract function...
- Constipation and colonic transit times in children with morbid obesityOlga H vd Baan-Slootweg
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Emma s Children s Hospital AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 52:442-5. 2011....
- Health utilization and cost impact of childhood constipation in the United StatesOlivia Liem
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH, USA
J Pediatr 154:258-62. 2009..To estimate the total health care utilization and costs for children with constipation in the United States...
- What does the measurement of whole-body fatty acid rate of appearance in plasma by using a fatty acid tracer really mean?Bettina Mittendorfer
Department of Internal Medicine and Center for Human Nutrition, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Diabetes 52:1641-8. 2003....