Claudio M Lezama-Davila
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- 17Beta-estradiol increases Leishmania mexicana killing in macrophages from DBA/2 mice by enhancing production of nitric oxide but not pro-inflammatory cytokinesC M Lezama-Davila
Department of Microbiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:1125-7. 2007..mexicana-infected male and female DBA/2 macrophages without increasing production of pro-inflammatory cytokines. These data indicate that E(2) may enhance leishmanicidal activity in macrophages by directly regulating production of NO...
- Leishmanicidal activity of two naphthoquinones against Leishmania donovaniClaudio Manuel Lezama-Dávila
Department of Pathology, The Wexner Medical Centre, The Ohio State University, OH 43210, USA
Biol Pharm Bull 35:1761-4. 2012..TR 001 also induced significantly more nitric oxide (NO) production than TR 002 or SSG. Taken together, these data show that TR 001 and TR 002 could be promising new drugs for treatment of visceral leishmaniasis...
- Leishmanicidal activity of Pentalinon andrieuxiiClaudio M Lezama-Davila
Centro de Investigaciones en Enfermedades Tropicales, Universidad Autonoma de Campeche, Mexico
Fitoterapia 78:255-7. 2007..The hexanes extract was highly effective to delay and eventually stop parasite survival...
- Role of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase-gamma (PI3Kgamma)-mediated pathway in 17beta-estradiol-induced killing of L. mexicana in macrophages from C57BL/6 miceClaudio M Lezama-Davila
Department of Microbiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Immunol Cell Biol 86:539-43. 2008..In addition, they suggest that PI3Kgamma is not required for E2-induced cytokine and NO production in L. mexicana-infected macrophages from female C57BL/6 mice but it may be involved in parasite clearance from these cells...
- Sterols with antileishmanial activity isolated from the roots of Pentalinon andrieuxiiLi Pan
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Phytochemistry 82:128-35. 2012....
- Genetic background influences immune responses and disease outcome of cutaneous L. mexicana infection in miceLucia E Rosas
Department of Microbiology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Int Immunol 17:1347-57. 2005..mexicana infection. Furthermore, together with our previous findings, they show that STAT6-mediated signaling is involved in mediating susceptibility to L. mexicana following both high-dose back rump and low-dose ear dermis infection...
- Role of chemokines in regulation of immunity against leishmaniasisSteve Oghumu
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University Medical Center, 1645 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Exp Parasitol 126:389-96. 2010..This review highlights our current knowledge concerning the role of chemokines and their receptors in modulating leishmaniasis in both clinical settings and experimental disease models...
- Pentalinon andrieuxii Root Extract is Effective in the Topical Treatment of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Caused by Leishmania mexicanaClaudio M Lezama-Davila
Department of Pathology, Wexner Medical Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 43210, USA
Phytother Res 28:909-16. 2014..These findings indicate that PARE could be used as an alternative therapy for the topical treatment of CL. Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Lack of CXCR3 delays the development of hepatic inflammation but does not impair resistance to Leishmania donovaniJoseph Barbi
Department of Microbiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43221, USA
J Infect Dis 195:1713-7. 2007..donovani infection. However, they mount an efficient T helper cell type 1 response, recruit T cells to the liver, and control parasite growth as efficiently as do CXCR3(+/+) C57BL/6 mice...
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 in T cells plays an indispensable role in immunity to Leishmania major by mediating Th1 cell homing to the site of infectionJoseph Barbi
Department of Microbiology, The Ohio State University, 484 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
FASEB J 23:3990-9. 2009..major by controlling the migration of Th1 cells to the site of infection rather than their generation. Further, they reveal an essential role for CD4(+) T cell STAT1 in preventing systemic dissemination of L. major infection...
- Leishmanicidal activity of racemic +/- 8-[(4-amino-1-methylbutyl)amino]-6-methoxy-4-methyl-5-[3,4-dichlorophenoxy]quinolineAngelica P Isaac-Márquez
Centro de Investigaciones en Enfermedades Tropicales, Universidad Autonoma de Campeche, Av Patricio Trueba de Regil S N, Campeche, Camp 24090, Mexico
Nat Prod Commun 5:387-90. 2010..DN3-27-1 was not toxic to Hela cells cultured in vitro. This is the first report describing the promising potential of DN3-27-1 in treatment of L. (L.) mexicana infections...
- Cordifolide A, a sulfur-containing clerodane diterpene glycoside from Tinospora cordifoliaLi Pan
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, Department of Pathology, and Department of Chemistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Org Lett 14:2118-21. 2012..All isolates were evaluated for their in vitro immunomodulatory activity using mouse bone marrow-derived dentritic cells (BMDCs)...