S R Lehky
Affiliation: The Salk Institute
- Population coding of visual space: modelingSidney R Lehky
Computational Neuroscience Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies La Jolla, CA, USA
Front Comput Neurosci 4:155. 2011..In fact, at a population level, the modeling suggests that higher ventral stream areas with highly restricted RF dispersion would be unable to achieve positionally-invariant representations beyond this narrow region around fixation...
- Unmixing binocular signalsSidney R Lehky
Computational Neuroscience Laboratory, The Salk Institute La Jolla, CA, USA
Front Hum Neurosci 5:78. 2011..This is a clear example how non-linear algorithms can lead to highly non-intuitive behavior in neural information processing...
- Population coding and the labeling problem: extrinsic versus intrinsic representationsSidney R Lehky
Computational Neurobiology Laboratory, Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neural Comput 25:2235-64. 2013..We show that intrinsic coding has representational advantages, including invariance, categorization, and discrimination, and in certain situations it may also recover absolute stimulus values. ..
- Fine discrimination of faces can be performed rapidlyS R Lehky
RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako, Japan
J Cogn Neurosci 12:848-55. 2000....
- Selectivity and sparseness in the responses of striate complex cellsSidney R Lehky
Cognitive Brain Mapping Laboratory, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Vision Res 45:57-73. 2005..We raise the possibility that high sparseness is the result of distortions in the shape of response distributions caused by non-linear, information-losing transforms, unrelated to information theoretic issues of efficient coding...
- Enhancement of object representations in primate perirhinal cortex during a visual working-memory taskSidney R Lehky
Computational Neuroscience Lab, The Salk Institute, 10010 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Neurophysiol 97:1298-310. 2007..The onset of the enhanced signal in PRh during the object-memory task occurred with a latency of 80 ms after the onset of the stimulus response, suggesting that it was the result of top-down feedback...
- Decoding Poisson spike trains by Gaussian filteringSidney R Lehky
Computational Neuroscience Laboratory, Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Neural Comput 22:1245-71. 2010..Besides applications for data analysis, optimal recovery of an analog signal waveform lambda(t) from spike trains may also be useful in understanding neural signal processing in vivo...