Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Development, validation, and utility of an instrument to assess core competencies in the Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) programStephen S Leff
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market Street, Room 1480, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
Matern Child Health J 19:314-23. 2015..Although the measure was developed within only one LEND Program, with additional research it has the potential to serve as a standardized tool to evaluate the strengths and limitations of MCHB training, both within and between programs...
- Effect of aggression and bullying on children and adolescents: implications for prevention and interventionStephen S Leff
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3535 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 15:343. 2013....
- Preliminary examination of a cartoon-based hostile attributional bias measure for urban African American boysStephen S Leff
Department of Pediatric Psychology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Community Psychol 49:332-46. 2012..In addition, the cartoon-based hostile attributional bias measure appears to have promise as an assessment and/or outcome measure for aggression and bullying prevention programs conducted with urban African American boys...
- Initial validation of a knowledge-based measure of social information processing and anger managementStephen S Leff
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 38:1007-20. 2010..More research is needed to determine the measure's utility outside of the urban school context...
- An initial evaluation of a culturally adapted social problem-solving and relational aggression prevention program for urban African-American relationally aggressive girlsStephen S Leff
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Prev Interv Community 37:260-74. 2009..Further, the intervention appears to have promise for decreasing at-risk girls' levels of relationally and physically aggressive behaviors, hostile attributions, and loneliness...
- Social cognition in context: validating a cartoon-based attributional measure for urban girlsStephen S Leff
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Child Dev 77:1351-8. 2006..This paper illustrates how a partnership-based research model can be used to design measurement tools sensitive to the ways in which developmental processes are influenced by an urban, low-income, ecological context...
- Gaining a better understanding of peer group contributions to dating aggression--implications for prevention and intervention programming: comment on kinsfogel and grych (2004)Stephen Leff
Department of Psychology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Fam Psychol 18:516-8. 2004..The study has important implications for partnering with male adolescents to design and adapt dating aggression programs...
- Identifying learning problems in children evaluated for ADHD: the Academic Performance QuestionnaireAmanda E Bennett
Division of Child Development, Rehabilitation, and Metabolic Disease, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pediatrics 124:e633-9. 2009..The objective of this study was to assess the usefulness of the Academic Performance Questionnaire (APQ) to identify low reading and math achievement in children who are being evaluated for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Variations in anxiety and depression as a function of ADHD subtypes defined by DSM-IV: do subtype differences exist or not?Thomas J Power
Department of Psychology CSH 116, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3405 Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 32:27-37. 2004..The results were discussed with regard to their implications for refining the criteria used to differentiate children with ADHD into subtypes...
- Quality improvement activities and expanded school mental health servicesLaura A Nabors
Department of Psychology, University of Cincinnati, USA
Behav Modif 28:596-616. 2004..The article concludes with a discussion of the importance of QI in school-based mental health and reviews directions for future research and program development...
- DESIGNING INTERVENTIONS FOR INNER-CITY AGGRESSIVE GIRLSStephen Leff; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- A Classroom-based Relational Aggression InterventionStephen Leff; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Developing a Culturally-Sensitive Attributional MeasureStephen Leff; Fiscal Year: 2007..Relevance: This study will develop and validate a culturally-relevant.measure that could be extremely useful in future studies examining the social information processing among urban African American girls. ..