Affiliation: The Institute for Genomic Research
- Comparative analyses of six solanaceous transcriptomes reveal a high degree of sequence conservation and species-specific transcriptsWillem Albert Rensink
The Institute for Genomic Research, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
BMC Genomics 6:124. 2005..The availability of large collections of Expressed Sequence Tags (ESTs) for the Solanaceae now provides the opportunity to assess sequence conservation and divergence on a genomic scale...
- The TIGR Gene Indices: clustering and assembling EST and known genes and integration with eukaryotic genomesY Lee
The Institute for Genomic Research, 9712 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:D71-4. 2005....
- RESOURCERER: a database for annotating and linking microarray resources within and across speciesJ Tsai
The Institute for Genomic Research, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Genome Biol 2:SOFTWARE0002. 2001....
- Enrichment of gene-coding sequences in maize by genome filtrationC A Whitelaw
The Institute for Genomic Research (TIGR, 9712 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Science 302:2118-20. 2003..Combination of the two techniques resulted in a sixfold reduction in the effective genome size and a fourfold increase in the gene identification rate in comparison to a nonenriched library...
- Sequence analysis of a rainbow trout cDNA library and creation of a gene indexC E Rexroad
USDA ARS National Center for Cool and Cold Water Aquaculture, Kearneysville, West Virginia 25430, USA
Cytogenet Genome Res 102:347-54. 2003..The production of this sequence data and creation of a rainbow trout Gene Index eliminating redundancy and providing annotation for these sequences will facilitate research in this species...
- Analysis of the mouse transcriptome based on functional annotation of 60,770 full-length cDNAsY Okazaki
1] Laboratory for Genome Exploration Research Group, RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, RIKEN Yokohama Institute 1-7-22 Suehiro-cho, Tsurumi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 230-0045, Japan
Nature 420:563-73. 2002..The present work, completely supported by physical clones, provides the most comprehensive survey of a mammalian transcriptome so far, and is a valuable resource for functional genomics...
- BmiGI: a database of cDNAs expressed in Boophilus microplus, the tropical/southern cattle tickF D Guerrero
USDA ARS, Knipling Bushland US Livestock Insect Research Laboratory, 2700 Fredericksburg Road, Kerrville, TX 78028, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 35:585-95. 2005..tigr.org/tdb/tgi). A number of novel sequences were identified which possessed significant sequence similarity to genes, which might be involved in resistance to acaricides...
- Identification of a structural motif of 23S rRNA interacting with 5S rRNAJ Ko
Center for Molecular Design and Synthesis, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Taejon, South Korea
FEBS Lett 508:300-4. 2001..These results suggest the presence of a novel RNA-RNA interaction between 23S rRNA and 5S rRNA which may play an important role in the ribosome function...
- Expression of beta-expansins is correlated with internodal elongation in deepwater riceY Lee
Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824-1312, USA
Plant Physiol 127:645-54. 2001..We conclude that the expression of beta-expansin genes is correlated with rapid elongation of deepwater rice internodes, it is induced by gibberellin and wounding, and wound-induced beta-expansin mRNA appears to turn over rapidly...
- Genomic analysis and functional expression of canine dopamine D2 receptorH Myeong
National Creative Research Initiative Center for Behavioral Genetics, Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 305 701, Taejon, South Korea
Gene 257:99-107. 2000..When the canine DRD2L and DRD2S were heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes, both forms activated GIRK1 potassium channels through coupling with G(i) protein. This activation was dose-dependent, demonstrating its ligand specificity...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the promoter region of murine natural killer cell receptor 2B4S S Chuang
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1447:244-50. 1999....
- Genomic structure and expression of murine poly(A) binding protein II geneY J Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Taejon, South Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1395:40-6. 1998..The expression level of the mPABII gene varied among tissues. Besides two transcripts detected in all tissues, an additional transcript was detected in testis. The mPAB gene has pseudogenes or related genes in its genome...
- Cloning of the human cDNA sequence encoding the NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductase MLRQ subunitJ W Kim
Molecular and Cellular Biology Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Taejon, Korea
Biochem Mol Biol Int 43:669-75. 1997..The expression level of the 0.7 kb mRNA in heart, skeletal muscle, and brain was higher than in other organs. Human MLRQ cDNA could cross-hybridize with the genomic DNAs from various species...
- Cloning and sequencing of the secY gene homolog from Mycobacterium bovis BCGJ K Kim
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Taejon, Korea
Biochem Mol Biol Int 43:391-8. 1997..Comparative analyses of the deduced amino acid sequence of additional partial ORF revealed strong similarity to the known adenylate kinases...
- Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a novel protein serine/threonine kinase predominantly expressed in hematopoietic cellsM Gil
Department of Chemistry, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Taejon
Gene 195:295-301. 1997..Furthermore, MPK38 gene product showed the kinase activity which was assessed by immune complex kinase assay. Thus, MPK38 gene product seems to play an important role in signal transduction of certain lineages of hematopoietic cells...
- Roles of rDNA spacer and transcription unit-sequences in X-Y meiotic chromosome pairing in Drosophila melanogaster malesX Ren
Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Chromosoma 106:29-36. 1997..These data indicate that 240 bp repeats are considerably more effective than other regions of the rDNA in stimulating chromosome pairing...