Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Establishment and characterization of a new mantle cell lymphoma cell line, MinoR Lai
Department of Hematopathology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Box 72, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Leuk Res 26:849-55. 2002..Sequencing of the TP53 gene revealed a mutation (codon 147(valine-->glycine)) in exon 5. Epstein Barr virus was absent. In summary, Mino is a new MCL cell line that may be useful to study the pathogenesis of MCL...
- A novel four-color PCR assay to assess T-cell receptor gamma gene rearrangements in lymphoproliferative lesionsF Vega
Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, 8515 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030-4095, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 116:17-24. 2001....
- Leukemic mantle cell lymphoma: clinical and pathologic spectrum of twenty-three casesE Schlette
Department of Hematopathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mod Pathol 14:1133-40. 2001..Chromosome 17 abnormalities are common in leukemic MCL, may be involved in pathogenesis, and are associated with p53 expression...
- Hepatosplenic gamma/delta T-cell lymphoma in bone marrow. A sinusoidal neoplasm with blastic cytologic featuresF Vega
Dept of Hematopathology, Box 72, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 116:410-9. 2001..HSTCL often can be recognized in bone marrow by its unique combination of a sinusoidal pattern in core biopsy specimens and blastic cytology in aspirate smears...
- Cytogenetic findings in lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma/WaldenstrÃ¶m macroglobulinemia. Chromosomal abnormalities are associated with the polymorphous subtype and an aggressive clinical courseA Mansoor
Department of Hematopathology, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 116:543-9. 2001..We conclude that abnormal cytogenetic findings in LPL/WM correlate with the polymorphous subtype and poor prognosis...
- Cytogenetic findings in mantle cell lymphoma cases with a high level of peripheral blood involvement have a distinct pattern of abnormalitiesM Onciu
Department of Hematopathology, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 116:886-92. 2001..2, 17q) in leukemic MCL but were only numeric in nodal MCL. Thus, leukemic MCL differs from nodal MCL in their cytogenetic profiles, which may contribute to the clinical presentation...
- p53 gene mutations are uncommon but p53 is commonly expressed in anaplastic large-cell lymphomaG Z Rassidakis
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Leukemia 19:1663-9. 2005..78 vs 0.91%, P = 0.0003). We conclude that the p53 gene is rarely mutated in ALK+ and ALK- ALCL tumors. Nevertheless, wild-type p53 gene product is commonly overexpressed in ALCL and may be functional in a subset of these tumors...
- Decreased expression level of SH2 domain-containing protein tyrosine phosphatase-1 (Shp1) is associated with progression of chronic myeloid leukaemiaH M Amin
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Pathol 212:402-10. 2007..Also, the decrease in Shp1 and subsequently its inhibitory effect on Bcr-Abl could provide an explanation for imatinib resistance seen in advanced stage CML patients...
- STAT3 is activated in a subset of the Ewing sarcoma family of tumoursR Lai
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Pathol 208:624-32. 2006..In conclusion, STAT3 activation is present in approximately half of ESFT and correlates with clinical features. The role of STAT3 activation in ESFT pathogenesis seems to be independent of the type of EWS/Ets translocation...
- Different breakage-prone regions on chromosome 1 detected in t(11;14)-positive mantle cell lymphoma cell lines and multiple myeloma cell lines are associated with different tumor progression-related mechanismsC Rudolph
Institute of Cell and Molecular Pathology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Cytogenet Genome Res 112:213-21. 2006..Our findings may indicate that different pathways of clonal evolution are involved in these morphologically distinct lymphomas harboring an identical primary chromosome aberration, t(11;14)...
- Megaprimer mutagenesis using very long primersR Lai
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Biotechniques 34:52-4, 56. 2003
- Restoration of shp1 expression by 5-AZA-2'-deoxycytidine is associated with downregulation of JAK3/STAT3 signaling in ALK-positive anaplastic large cell lymphomaY Han
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Leukemia 20:1602-9. 2006..SHP1 appears to downregulate JAK3 by two mechanisms: tyrosine dephosphorylation and increased degradation via the proteasome pathway...
- High ZAP-70 expression correlates with worse clinical outcome in mantle cell lymphomaD Hui
Leukemia 20:1905-8. 2006
- Aberrant expression of IL-22 receptor 1 and autocrine IL-22 stimulation contribute to tumorigenicity in ALK+ anaplastic large cell lymphomaJ Dien Bard
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Cross Cancer Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Leukemia 22:1595-603. 2008..To conclude, for the first time, we demonstrate the importance of the IL-22 autocrine pathway in a lymphoid malignancy, and reveal yet another novel function of NPM-ALK...
- Quantitation of cytological parameters of malignant lymphocytes using computerized image analysisS A Hamid Jahanmehr
Hematopathology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Canada
Int J Lab Hematol 30:278-85. 2008..The results from image analysis may assist in defining morphological criteria and in developing quantitative cell morphology...