J S Kwon
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of treatment strategies for Stage I and II endometrial cancerJanice S Kwon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Western Ontario, London
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 29:131-9. 2007..We evaluated the cost-effectiveness of two common strategies for managing early endometrial cancer as part of an Ontario population-based study...
- Prolonged survival among women with BRCA germline mutations and advanced endometrial cancer: a case seriesJ S Kwon
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:546-9. 2008..6 years. They are still alive and well with no evidence of recurrent disease. This observation raises the question as to whether BRCA mutations may be associated with a better prognosis in patients with advanced endometrial cancer...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of endometrial cancer prevention strategies for obese womenJanice S Kwon
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:56-63. 2008..We estimated the net health benefits and cost-effectiveness of these strategies in a hypothetical cohort of obese women...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of prevention strategies for gynecologic cancers in Lynch syndromeJanice S Kwon
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1439, USA
Cancer 113:326-35. 2008..Screening and prophylactic surgery have been recommended as prevention strategies. In this study, the authors estimated the net health benefits and cost-effectiveness of these strategies in a Markov decision-analytic model...
- When is a pathology review indicated in endometrial cancer?Janice S Kwon
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:1224-30. 2007..We conducted a study of pathology review in endometrial cancer from a population-based study to identify areas of discrepancy and effect on treatment...
- Is adjuvant therapy necessary for stage IA and IB uterine papillary serous carcinoma and clear cell carcinoma after surgical staging?J S Kwon
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1439, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:820-4. 2008..Further prospective evaluation of different adjuvant therapy practices is required for early-stage UPSC and CCC, which may be useful in the design of future clinical trials...
- A comparison of endometrial cancer outcomes in OntarioJanice S Kwon
Division of Gynaecologic Oncology, University of Western Ontario, London ON, USA
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 26:793-8. 2004..CONCLUSION: As there were significant differences in the treatment of endometrial carcinoma and OS across the province, a population-based study of endometrial cancer treatment strategies and outcomes is required...
- Sentinel node mapping with isosulfan blue dye in endometrial cancerLilian T Gien
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, London Health Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 27:1107-12. 2005..CONCLUSION: Although the concept of sentinel node mapping in endometrial cancer is appealing, the technique of hysteroscopic injection of isosulfan blue dye alone had minimal success in this study. Alternative methods should be explored...
- Addressing wait times for endometrial cancer surgery in OntarioJanice S Kwon
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston TX, USA
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 29:982-7. 2007..We reviewed trends in wait times for endometrial cancer surgery from 1996 to 2000 and identified determinants that may need to be addressed in order to reduce these wait times...
- A comparison of two prophylactic regimens for hypersensitivity reactions to paclitaxelJanice S Kwon
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1A1, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 84:420-5. 2002....
- Brain metastases from endometrial carcinoma: a retrospective studyLilian T Gien
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, London Health Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 93:524-8. 2004..The prognosis following brain metastases is generally very poor. Innovative treatment strategies are needed to improve the outcome of these patients...
- Effects of cancer treatment on reproduction and fertilityJanice S Kwon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 24:619-27. 2002..All of these trends are in keeping with our goal to optimize quality of life in cancer care without compromising safety or survival...
- Are there regional differences in gynecologic cancer outcomes in the context of a single-payer, publicly-funded health care system? A population-based studyJanice S Kwon
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of British Columbia and BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC
Can J Public Health 99:221-6. 2008..The objective of this study was to determine if differences exist in endometrial cancer outcomes across regions in Ontario...