Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Risk stratification of opioid misuse among patients with cancer pain using the SOAPP-SFDhanalakshmi Koyyalagunta
Department of Pain Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer, Houston, Texas, USA
Pain Med 14:667-75. 2013..There has been a growing awareness of the misuse of prescription opioids among cancer patients. More research is needed to detail risk factors and incidence for opioid misuse among cancer pain patients...
- A systematic review of randomized trials on the effectiveness of opioids for cancer painDhanalakshmi Koyyalagunta
University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 0409, USA
Pain Physician 15:ES39-58. 2012..There is a concern about side effects, tolerance, abuse and addiction with long-term opioid use and a need to evaluate the effectiveness of opioids for cancer pain...
- The role of chemical neurolysis in cancer painDhanalakshmi Koyyalagunta
Department of Pain Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 14:261-7. 2010..There is no clear consensus on patient selection, technique, or timing of these blocks. Here we discuss the use of various neurolytic blocks for cancer pain and detail some of the recent literature and our experience...
- Opioid abuse in cancer pain: report of two cases and presentation of an algorithm of multidisciplinary careDhanalakshmi Koyyalagunta
University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dept of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Unit 409, 1400 Holcombe Blvd, Houston TX 77030 0409, USA
Pain Physician 14:E361-71. 2011..An increasing number of patients who abuse opioids have been identified in our clinical setting...
- Distinguishing features of cancer patients who smoke: pain, symptom burden, and risk for opioid misuseDiane M Novy
Department of Pain Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Pain 13:1058-67. 2012..No significant difference over time was found in opioid use between smokers and nonsmokers. These findings will guide subsequent studies and inform clinical practice, particularly the relevancy of smoking cessation...
- Changes in pain and other symptoms in patients with painful multiple myeloma-related vertebral fracture treated with kyphoplasty or vertebroplastyTito R Mendoza
Department of Symptom Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Pain 13:564-70. 2012....
- Infectious complications related to intrathecal drug delivery system and spinal cord stimulator system implantations at a comprehensive cancer pain centerMITCHELL P ENGLE
MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Pain Medicine 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 409 Houston TX 77030 0409, USA
Pain Physician 16:251-7. 2013..Cancer patients are particularly susceptible to infectious complications because they are immunocompromised, malnourished, and receiving cytotoxic cancer-related therapies...
- Vertebral compression fracture treatment with vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty: experience in 407 patients with 1,156 fractures in a tertiary cancer centerAllen W Burton
Houston Pain Associates, PLLC, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pain Med 12:1750-7. 2011..At our tertiary cancer center, over the past decade we have used vertebroplasty (VP) and kyphoplasty (KP) to treat painful VCFs. More data are needed on the treatment of VCFs in cancer patients with these techniques...