Affiliation: The Dow Chemical Company
- Treatment of wastewaters containing bisphenol A: state of the science reviewHenryk Melcer
Brown and Caldwell, Seattle, Washington, USA
Water Environ Res 83:650-66. 2011..0 mg/L, elevating the SRT during periods of low temperature, and implementing step-feed control during storm-induced high flow conditions to avoid the washout of biomass...
- Biodegradation of bisphenol A in aquatic environments: river die-awayG M Klecka
Environmental Chemistry Research Laboratory, Toxicology and Environmental Research and Consulting, The Dow Chemical Company, Midland, Michigan 48674, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 20:2725-35. 2001..These observations provide clear evidence that BPA is not persistent in the aquatic environment...
- Introduction to special series: science-based guidance and framework for the evaluation and identification of PBTs and POPsGary M Klecka
Dow Chemical, 1803 Building, Midland, Michigan 48674 0001, USA
Integr Environ Assess Manag 5:535-8. 2009....
- Exposure analysis of bisphenol A in surface water systems in North America and EuropeGary M Klecka
The Dow Chemical Company, Midland, Michigan 48674, USA
Environ Sci Technol 43:6145-50. 2009..The results suggest the frequency of locations in which concentrations are likely to cause adverse effects on aquatic ecosystems is low, with the exception of sediments collected from some highly urbanized and industrial locations...
- Occurrence of nonylphenol ethoxylates and their metabolites in municipal wastewater treatment plants and receiving watersGary M Klecka
Dow Chemical Company, Midland, Michigan 48674, USA
Water Environ Res 82:447-54. 2010..6 mcirog/L. On the basis of this analysis, the likelihood of adverse effects on aquatic species within the three receiving streams is low...
- Chemicals of emerging concern in the Great Lakes Basin: an analysis of environmental exposuresGary Klecka
The Dow Chemical Company, Midland, MI, USA
Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 207:1-93. 2010..Concentrations of many of the chemicals were generally the highest in the vicinity of these sources, decline with increasing distance from sources, and were generally low or non-detectable in the open waters of the Great Lakes...
- Environmental persistence of organic pollutants: guidance for development and review of POP risk profilesRobert Boethling
US Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Integr Environ Assess Manag 5:539-56. 2009..Special attention is given to several critical issues, including transformation products, nonextractable residues, and treatment of uncertainty and conflicting data as part of a weight-of-evidence assessment...
- Evaluation of the amphibian metamorphosis assay: exposure to the goitrogen methimazole and the endogenous thyroid hormone L-thyroxineKatherine Coady
The Dow Chemical Company, 1803 Building, Washington Street, Midland, Michigan 48674, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:869-80. 2010....