Aarif Y Khakoo
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Heart failure associated with sunitinib malate: a multitargeted receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitorAarif Y Khakoo
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer 112:2500-8. 2008..This report describes the development of heart failure in cancer patients who received this novel agent...
- Therapy insight: Management of cardiovascular disease in patients with cancer and cardiac complications of cancer therapyAarif Y Khakoo
Department of Cardiology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4095, USA
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 5:655-67. 2008..In this Review, we discuss management strategies for cardiovascular disease in patients with cancer, focusing on the prevention and treatment of congestive heart failure and myocardial infarction...
- Cardiotoxicity due to cancer therapyAarif Y Khakoo
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 38:253-6. 2011..They might also provide novel insights into the pathogenesis of non-cancer-therapy–induced human heart disease...
- Human mesenchymal stem cells exert potent antitumorigenic effects in a model of Kaposi's sarcomaAarif Y Khakoo
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cardiovascular Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 203:1235-47. 2006....
- Cardiomyocyte PDGFR-beta signaling is an essential component of the mouse cardiac response to load-induced stressVishnu Chintalgattu
Department of Cardiology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Invest 120:472-84. 2010..Furthermore, our findings may provide insights into the mechanism of cardiotoxicity due to anticancer PDGFR inhibitors...
- Rare incidence of congestive heart failure in gastrointestinal stromal tumor and other sarcoma patients receiving imatinib mesylateJonathan C Trent
Department of Sarcoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer 116:184-92. 2010....
- MicroRNA-9 is an activation-induced regulator of PDGFR-beta expression in cardiomyocytesJianhu Zhang
Department of Cardiology, UT M D Anderson Cancer Center, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 51:337-46. 2011..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Possible Editorial'...
- Human mesenchymal stem cells inhibit vascular permeability by modulating vascular endothelial cadherin/β-catenin signalingShibani Pati
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, Houston, TX, USA
Stem Cells Dev 20:89-101. 2011..Further, our results suggest that the mediator(s) of these vascular protective effects is a secreted factor(s) released as a result of direct MSC-EC interaction...
- Molecular mechanisms of hypertension and heart failure due to antiangiogenic cancer therapiesMeredith L Rees
Department of Cardiology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 1101, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Heart Fail Clin 7:299-311. 2011....
- Does the renin-angiotensin system participate in regulation of human vasculogenesis and angiogenesis?Aarif Y Khakoo
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 68:9112-5. 2008..If proven correct, this hypothesis carries many implications for the medical practices of cardiology, oncology, and neonatology...
- Reducing the toxicity of cancer therapy: recognizing needs, taking actionCharles S Cleeland
Department of Symptom Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 1450, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 9:471-8. 2012..With an emphasis on coordinating multidisciplinary efforts, this panel has presented a strategy to increase funding for the field and develop a coherent research agenda...
- Cardiovascular effects of tyrosine kinase inhibitors used for gastrointestinal stromal tumorsVishnu Chintalgattu
Department of Cardiology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Room 718, 2121 West Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 23:97-107, viii-ix. 2009..In this review, the authors discuss what is known regarding the cardiovascular effects of TKIs used in the treatment of GISTs...
- Endothelial progenitor cellsAarif Y Khakoo
National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Cardiovascular Branch, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Bethesda, Maryland 21284, USA
Annu Rev Med 56:79-101. 2005..We review experimental results obtained from both animal studies and recent clinical trials that suggest this cell type may have tremendous therapeutic potential for a wide range of human diseases...
- Efficient magnetic cell labeling with protamine sulfate complexed to ferumoxides for cellular MRIAli S Arbab
Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Room no B1N256, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 104:1217-23. 2004..94 +/- 1.86 pg for MSCs with 100% of cells labeled. Cell labeling using these agents should facilitate the translation of this method to clinical trials for evaluation of trafficking of infused or transplanted cells by MRI...
- Reversible cardiomyopathy caused by administration of interferon alphaAarif Y Khakoo
Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 2:53-7. 2005..Physical examination findings were consistent with congestive heart failure. Laboratory studies were notable for hypothyroidism. Echocardiography revealed severe, global left-ventricular dysfunction...
- Labeling of cells with ferumoxides-protamine sulfate complexes does not inhibit function or differentiation capacity of hematopoietic or mesenchymal stem cellsAli S Arbab
Radiology Research, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
NMR Biomed 18:553-9. 2005..These data increase confidence that MRI studies of FePro-labeled HSC or MSC will provide an accurate representation of in vivo trafficking of unlabeled cells...