J K Jones
Affiliation: The Degge Group
- Elevated ethyl methanesulfonate (EMS) in nelfinavir mesylate (Viracept(R), Roche): overviewAnton Pozniak
Pharmaceuticals Division, Hoffmann La Roche, Nutley, NJ, USA
AIDS Res Ther 6:18. 2009..These findings are potentially relevant to >40 marketed drugs that are mesylate salts...
- Pharmacogenetics and pharmacoepidemiologyJ K Jones
Degge Group, Ltd, Suite 1430, 1616 N Ft Myer Drive, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 10:457-61. 2001..Social, methodologic, and ethical issues relate to any protocol using serum and tissue, and indicate a need for broad educational efforts. We must set guidelines as pharmacogenetics research becomes a dimension of pharmacoepidemiology...
- The Institute of Medicine's report on drug safety: constructive and ambitious, but does it go far enough?J K Jones
The Degge Group, Ltd, Drug Safety, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:156-8. 2007..In response, the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) asked the Institute of Medicine (IOM) to examine the current systems for ensuring drug safety and recommend specific actions and improvements...
- Impact of cisapride label changes on codispensing of contraindicated medicationsJeff Jianfei Guo
Degge Group, Ltd, 1616 N Fort Myer Drive, Suite 1430, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 12:295-301. 2003..To quantify the impact of the first three label changes and 'Dear Doctor' letters as sole interventions, sent to prescribers and pharmacists, on the prescribing and dispensing of cisapride and contraindicated drugs...
- Coprescribing and codispensing of cisapride and contraindicated drugsJ K Jones
Director of Research, The Degge Group, Ltd, 1616 N Fort Myer Dr, No. 1430, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
JAMA 286:1607-9. 2001..The pharmacy may be an important and underutilized intervention point to prevent contraindicated drugs from being used together...
- Cardiovascular disease in patients with schizophrenia in Saskatchewan, CanadaSuellen M Curkendall
Healthcare Data Analysis, Vienna, VA 22180, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:715-20. 2004..However, population-based data on the prevalence, incidence, and mortality of cardiovascular disease are needed...
- Hospitalized cardiovascular diseases in neovascular age-related macular degenerationBao Anh Nguyen-Khoa
The Degge Group, Ltd, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 126:1280-6. 2008..To compare the incidence rate of hospitalized myocardial infarctions (MIs) and cerebrovascular accidents (CVAs) in subjects with and without neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Saskatchewan Canada cardiovascular disease in COPD patientsSuellen M Curkendall
Cerner Health Insights, Vienna, VA 22182, USA
Ann Epidemiol 16:63-70. 2006..To measure prevalence, incidence, and mortality of cardiovascular outcomes among persons with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and to assess the extent these outcomes differ from persons without COPD...
- Epidemiologic study of smell disturbance in 2 medical insurance claims populationsBao Anh Nguyen-Khoa
The Degge Group Ltd, 1616 Fort Myer Dr, Ste 1430, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 133:748-57. 2007..To report the rates of medical claims for sense of smell disturbance (SD) and their association with diseases and medications in a managed care population...
- Drug safety relies on YOU, the healthcare professional, to find and report new serious adverse reactionsJudith K Jones
Medscape J Med 10:95. 2008
- Is there an association between hypothyroidism and open-angle glaucoma in an elderly population? An epidemiologic studyStephen P Motsko
Degge Group, Ltd, Arlington, Virginia 22209, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1581-4. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess the hypothesized association between preexisting hypothyroidism and development of OAG in a population-based setting...
- Guidelines for submitting adverse event reports for publicationWilliam N Kelly
William N Kelly Consulting, Inc, Oldsmar, Florida 34677, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:581-7. 2007..They also encourage schools of medicine, pharmacy, and nursing to incorporate them into the relevant curricula that address the detection, evaluation, and reporting of suspected drug or other medical product adverse events...
- Agitation and depression in frail nursing home elderly patients with dementia: treatment characteristics and service useStephen J Bartels
Aging Services Research, New Hampshire Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03766, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:231-8. 2003..The authors describe characteristics, treatment, and acute service use associated with agitation and depression in dementia...
- Spontaneous reports cannot serve as a basis for comparison of two drugsJudith K Jones
Am J Cardiol 92:1141-2. 2003
- Public-released version of the Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS) databaseAnn Strauss
Clin Ther 27:355-7; author reply 357-9. 2005
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease severity and cardiovascular outcomesSuellen M Curkendall
Cerner LifeSciences, 1953 Gallows Road, Suite 570, Vienna, VA 22182, USA
Eur J Epidemiol 21:803-13. 2006..To identify predictors of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) severity and assess the relation between COPD severity and risk of cardiovascular outcomes...
- KNOWLEDGE EMPOWERMENT FOR YOUTH WITH SOLID TUMORSJudith Jones; Fiscal Year: 2004..Once developed, the CD-ROM will be marketed so that it will be available to all adolescents with solid tumors. ..