Valen E Johnson
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Statistical analysis of the National Institutes of Health peer review systemValen E Johnson
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1400 Pressler Street, Unit 1411, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:11076-80. 2008..Viewed more broadly, the methodology proposed in this article provides a general framework for the analysis of data collected interactively from expert panels through the use of the Delphi method and related procedures...
- Bayesian design of single-arm phase II clinical trials with continuous monitoringValen E Johnson
Department of Biostatistics, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Trials 6:217-26. 2009..Such designs also introduce an unnecessary element of subjectivity in the interpretation of trial results...
- Reproducibility and comparison of DCE-MRI and DCE-CT perfusion parameters in a rat tumor modelChaan S Ng
Department of Radiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 11:279-88. 2012..DCE-MRI and DCE-CT biomarkers of tumor perfusion have similar reproducibilities suggesting that they may have comparable utility, but their derived parameter values are not equivalent...
- Impact of cultural and linguistic factors on symptom reporting by patients with cancerXin Shelley Wang
Department of Symptom Research, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 1450, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:732-8. 2010..In multinational clinical trials, cultural and linguistic variations in patient-reported outcomes instruments could confound the interpretation of study results...
- Prognostic value of symptom burden for overall survival in patients receiving chemotherapy for advanced nonsmall cell lung cancerXin Shelley Wang
Department of Symptom Research, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer 116:137-45. 2010..However, translating patient-reported outcomes into useful prognostic information for individual patients has been problematic...
- Semiautomated motion correction of tumors in lung CT-perfusion studiesAdam Chandler
Department of Imaging Physics, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1400 Pressler Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Acad Radiol 18:286-93. 2011..To compare the relative performance of one-dimensional (1D) manual, rigid-translational, and nonrigid registration techniques to correct misalignment of lung tumor anatomy acquired from computed tomography perfusion (CTp) datasets...
- Bayesian adaptive phase II screening design for combination trialsChunyan Cai
Biostatistics Epidemiology Research Design Core, Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Clin Trials 10:353-62. 2013....
- Goodness-of-fit diagnostics for Bayesian hierarchical modelsYing Yuan
Department of Biostatistics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biometrics 68:156-64. 2012..The proposed methodology is illustrated in a clinical application; an application to discrete data is described in supplementary material...
- Imaging characteristics of hyperfunctioning parathyroid adenomas using multiphase multidectector computed tomography: a quantitative and qualitative approachThinh H Vu
Department of Radiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 35:560-7. 2011..The objective of the study was to characterize the enhancement pattern of hyperfunctioning parathyroid adenomas on multiphase multidetector computed tomography (CT) or 4-dimensional CT...
- Perfusion CT assessment of tissue hemodynamics following hepatic arterial infusion of increasing doses of angiotensin II in a rabbit liver tumor modelKenneth C Wright
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Section of Interventional Radiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Radiology 260:718-26. 2011..To investigate the effects of increasing doses of angiotensin II on hepatic hemodynamics in the normal rabbit liver and in hepatic VX2 tumors by using dynamic contrast material-enhanced perfusion computed tomography (CT)...
- Visualization and quantification of intraperitoneal tumors by in vivo computed tomography using negative contrast enhancement strategy in a mouse model of ovarian cancerMurtuza Rampurwala
Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Transl Oncol 2:96-106. 2009..0001, n = 15). Thus, CT using negative contrast enhancement strategy allows visualization and quantification of IP tumors. Such a strategy will also enable anatomic localization of functional signal for combination/molecular imaging...
- A framework for evaluation of deformable image registration spatial accuracy using large landmark point setsRichard Castillo
Department of Imaging Physics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Phys Med Biol 54:1849-70. 2009..This study demonstrates that landmark pairs can be used to assess DIR spatial accuracy within a narrow uncertainty range...
- Radiation pneumonitis: correlation of toxicity with pulmonary metabolic radiation responseJustin P Hart
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 71:967-71. 2008..To characterize the relationship between radiation pneumonitis (RP) clinical symptoms and pulmonary metabolic activity on post-treatment [(18)F]-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET)...
- A Bayesian hierarchical approach to multirater correlated ROC analysisTimothy D Johnson
Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Stat Med 25:1858-71. 2006..Thus, our methodology has important implications for increasing the power of analyses based on ROC data collected from an available study population...
- Assessing the Symptoms of Cancer Using Patient-Reported Outcomes (ASCPRO): searching for standardsCharles S Cleeland
Department of Symptom Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 39:1077-85. 2010....