Affiliation: The Burnham Institute
- Crystal structure and association behaviour of the GluR2 amino-terminal domainRongsheng Jin
Center for Neuroscience, Aging, and Stem Cell Research, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA, USA
EMBO J 28:1812-23. 2009..Here we show that AMPA receptor GluR1- and GluR2-ATDs form tightly associated dimers and, by the analysis of crystal structures of the GluR2-ATD, propose mechanisms by which the ATD guides subfamily-specific receptor assembly...
- Botulinum neurotoxin is shielded by NTNHA in an interlocked complexShenyan Gu
Center for Neuroscience, Aging and Stem Cell Research, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 335:977-81. 2012..These results will assist in the design of small molecules for inhibiting oral BoNT intoxication and of delivery vehicles for oral administration of biologics...
- Structural basis of agrin-LRP4-MuSK signalingYinong Zong
Center for Neuroscience, Aging, and Stem Cell Research, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 26:247-58. 2012..Collectively, these results provide new insight into the agrin-LRP4-MuSK signaling cascade and NMJ formation and represent a novel mechanism for activation of receptor tyrosine kinases...
- Assembly and function of the botulinum neurotoxin progenitor complexShenyan Gu
Center for Neuroscience, Aging and Stem Cell Research, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 364:21-44. 2013..In this review, we discuss the structural basis for assembly of NAPs and BoNT into the PTC that protects BoNT and facilitate its delivery into the bloodstream...
- The amino-terminal domain guides subfamily-specific assembly of ionotropic glutamRongsheng Jin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposed study should provide a better understanding of the molecular principles governing iGluR assembly, which could ultimately lay groundwork for future therapeutic interventions. ..