Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Janku F, Garrido Laguna I, Petruzelka L, Stewart D, Kurzrock R. Novel therapeutic targets in non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:1601-12 pubmed publisher..This review describes molecular targets in non-small cell lung cancer that are in development or being clinically applied and their implications for developing novel anticancer therapies for this previously refractory malignancy. ..
- Janku F, Huang H, Angelo L, Kurzrock R. A kinase-independent biological activity for insulin growth factor-1 receptor (IGF-1R) : implications for inhibition of the IGF-1R signal. Oncotarget. 2013;4:463-73 pubmed..Collectively, these experiments suggest that IGF-1R, has kinase-independent biologic functions and provide a rationale for combining anti-IGF-1R antibodies or siRNA and IGF-1R small molecule inhibitors. ..
- Janku F, Hong D, Fu S, Piha Paul S, Naing A, Falchook G, et al. Assessing PIK3CA and PTEN in early-phase trials with PI3K/AKT/mTOR inhibitors. Cell Rep. 2014;6:377-87 pubmed publisher..This work provides further important clinical validation for continued and accelerated use of biomarker-driven trials incorporating rational drug combinations. ..
- Janku F. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) pathway inhibitors in solid tumors: From laboratory to patients. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;59:93-101 pubmed publisher....
- Möhrmann L, Huang H, Hong D, Tsimberidou A, Fu S, Piha Paul S, et al. Liquid Biopsies Using Plasma Exosomal Nucleic Acids and Plasma Cell-Free DNA Compared with Clinical Outcomes of Patients with Advanced Cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2018;24:181-188 pubmed publisher..Low exoNA MAF is an independent prognostic factor for longer survival. Clin Cancer Res; 24(1); 181-8. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Janku F, Wheler J, Naing A, Stepanek V, Falchook G, Fu S, et al. PIK3CA mutations in advanced cancers: characteristics and outcomes. Oncotarget. 2012;3:1566-75 pubmed..PIK3CA mutations, especially, H1047R, were associated with attaining a PR/CR to PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway inhibitors. ..
- Wheler J, Atkins J, Janku F, Moulder S, Yelensky R, Stephens P, et al. Multiple gene aberrations and breast cancer: lessons from super-responders. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:442 pubmed publisher..Further study of next generation sequencing-profiled tumors for convergence and resistance pathways is warranted. ..
- Fujii T, Barzi A, Sartore Bianchi A, Cassingena A, Siravegna G, Karp D, et al. Mutation-Enrichment Next-Generation Sequencing for Quantitative Detection of KRAS Mutations in Urine Cell-Free DNA from Patients with Advanced Cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23:3657-3666 pubmed publisher..Changes in mutated urine cfDNA were associated with time to treatment failure. Clin Cancer Res; 23(14); 3657-66. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Sakamuri D, Glitza I, Betancourt Cuellar S, Subbiah V, Fu S, Tsimberidou A, et al. Phase 1 dose-escalation study of anti CTLA-4 antibody ipilimumab and lenalidomide in patients with advanced cancers. Mol Cancer Ther. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, combination of ipilimumab and lenalidomide is well tolerated and demonstrated preliminary signals of activity in patients with refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and other advanced cancers. ..
- Liu X, George G, Tsimberidou A, Naing A, Wheler J, Kopetz S, et al. Retreatment with anti-EGFR based therapies in metastatic colorectal cancer: impact of intervening time interval and prior anti-EGFR response. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:713 pubmed publisher..156). Our data lends support to the concept of clonal evolution, though the clinical impact appears less robust than previously reported. Further work to determine which patients benefit from retreatment post progression is needed. ..