Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Janku F, Huang H, Angelo L, Kurzrock R. A kinase-independent biological activity for insulin growth factor-1 receptor (IGF-1R) : implications for inhibition of the IGF-1R signal. Oncotarget. 2013;4:463-73 pubmed..Collectively, these experiments suggest that IGF-1R, has kinase-independent biologic functions and provide a rationale for combining anti-IGF-1R antibodies or siRNA and IGF-1R small molecule inhibitors. ..
- Janku F, Hong D, Fu S, Piha Paul S, Naing A, Falchook G, et al. Assessing PIK3CA and PTEN in early-phase trials with PI3K/AKT/mTOR inhibitors. Cell Rep. 2014;6:377-87 pubmed publisher..This work provides further important clinical validation for continued and accelerated use of biomarker-driven trials incorporating rational drug combinations. ..
- Möhrmann L, Huang H, Hong D, Tsimberidou A, Fu S, Piha Paul S, et al. Liquid Biopsies Using Plasma Exosomal Nucleic Acids and Plasma Cell-Free DNA Compared with Clinical Outcomes of Patients with Advanced Cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2018;24:181-188 pubmed publisher..Low exoNA MAF is an independent prognostic factor for longer survival. Clin Cancer Res; 24(1); 181-8. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Wheler J, Atkins J, Janku F, Moulder S, Yelensky R, Stephens P, et al. Multiple gene aberrations and breast cancer: lessons from super-responders. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:442 pubmed publisher..Further study of next generation sequencing-profiled tumors for convergence and resistance pathways is warranted. ..
- Sakamuri D, Glitza I, Betancourt Cuellar S, Subbiah V, Fu S, Tsimberidou A, et al. Phase I Dose-Escalation Study of Anti-CTLA-4 Antibody Ipilimumab and Lenalidomide in Patients with Advanced Cancers. Mol Cancer Ther. 2018;17:671-676 pubmed publisher..i>Mol Cancer Ther; 17(3); 671-6. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Fujii T, Barzi A, Sartore Bianchi A, Cassingena A, Siravegna G, Karp D, et al. Mutation-Enrichment Next-Generation Sequencing for Quantitative Detection of KRAS Mutations in Urine Cell-Free DNA from Patients with Advanced Cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23:3657-3666 pubmed publisher..Changes in mutated urine cfDNA were associated with time to treatment failure. Clin Cancer Res; 23(14); 3657-66. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Janku F, Wheler J, Naing A, Stepanek V, Falchook G, Fu S, et al. PIK3CA mutations in advanced cancers: characteristics and outcomes. Oncotarget. 2012;3:1566-75 pubmed..PIK3CA mutations, especially, H1047R, were associated with attaining a PR/CR to PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway inhibitors. ..
- Liu X, George G, Tsimberidou A, Naing A, Wheler J, Kopetz S, et al. Retreatment with anti-EGFR based therapies in metastatic colorectal cancer: impact of intervening time interval and prior anti-EGFR response. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:713 pubmed publisher..156). Our data lends support to the concept of clonal evolution, though the clinical impact appears less robust than previously reported. Further work to determine which patients benefit from retreatment post progression is needed. ..