Sidney M Jacoby
Affiliation: The Philadelphia Hand Center
- Complications following one-bone forearm surgery for posttraumatic forearm and distal radioulnar joint instabilitySidney M Jacoby
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Hand Surg Am 38:976-982.e1. 2013..To present the outcomes after one-bone forearm (OBF) surgery for chronic posttraumatic forearm and distal radioulnar joint instability...
- The tenosynovial flap for recalcitrant carpal tunnel syndromePraveen G Murthy
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg 17:84-6. 2013..We review the technique of utilizing a pedicled tenosynovial flap as the source of local vascularized tissue for coverage of the median nerve in cases of recalcitrant carpal tunnel syndrome...
- The effect of a therapy protocol for increasing correction of severely contracted proximal interphalangeal joints caused by dupuytren disease and treated with collagenase injectionTerri M Skirven
Philadelphia Hand Center, Thomas Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 21218, USA
J Hand Surg Am 38:684-9. 2013..To determine the effect of a specific orthotic intervention and therapy protocol on proximal interphalangeal (PIP) joint contractures of greater than 40° caused by Dupuytren disease and treated with collagenase injections...
- Distal radius volar locking plate design and associated vulnerability of the flexor pollicis longusRoongsak Limthongthang
Philadelphia Hand Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand Electronic address
J Hand Surg Am 39:852-60. 2014..The final common pathway of flexor tendon rupture appears to involve implants prominent at the watershed line. We hypothesized that significant differences in VLP prominence exist between various plate designs...
- Reconstruction of digital nerves with collagen conduitsJohn S Taras
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Hand Surg Am 36:1441-6. 2011..Many conduit materials have been investigated, but there have been few reports of human clinical trials of purified type I bovine collagen conduits...
- Ulnar tunnel syndromeAbdo Bachoura
The Philadelphia Hand Center, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Orthop Clin North Am 43:467-74. 2012..Conservative treatment such as activity modification may be helpful, but often, surgical exploration of the ulnar tunnel with subsequent ulnar nerve decompression is indicated...
- Minimally invasive partial fasciectomy for Dupuytren contracturesScott E Gelman
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg 16:184-6. 2012..We found that this procedure results in contracture correction with a low rate of complications and thus provides the surgeon with an alternative treatment option to offer patients...
- Flexor digitorum sublimis flap for recalcitrant carpal tunnel surgeryRussell D Rosenberg
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA Department of Orthopaedics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg 16:180-2. 2012..This paper describes the technique of using a vascularized rotational muscle flap harvested from the flexor digitorum sublimis as a viable option to envelop the median nerve and promote healing during carpal tunnel revision surgery...
- Acute posterior tibial tendon tear in an ice-hockey player: a case reportSidney M Jacoby
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Foot Ankle Int 29:1045-8. 2008
- Pediatric elbow trauma: an orthopaedic perspective on the importance of radiographic interpretationSidney M Jacoby
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Semin Musculoskelet Radiol 11:48-56. 2007..Furthermore, using common classification systems may facilitate interdisciplinary communication. Finally, it is crucial that caregivers of children consider the possibility of child abuse in suspect cases...