Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Atorvastatin inhibits RhoC function and limits head and neck cancer metastasisMozaffarul Islam
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA
Oral Oncol 49:778-86. 2013..Given that RhoC is a key oncogene involved in metastasis, we hypothesized Atorvastatin can reduce head and neck metastasis by inhibiting RhoC activity...
- RhoC expression and head and neck cancer metastasisMozaffarul Islam
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:1771-80. 2009..These findings suggest that RhoC warrants further investigation to delineate its robustness as a novel potentially therapeutic target...
- Tetrathiomolybdate promotes tumor necrosis and prevents distant metastases by suppressing angiogenesis in head and neck cancerBasil Hassouneh
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan, 1500 East Medical Centre Drive, 1904 Taubman Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:1039-45. 2007..Taken together, these results show that tetrathiomolybdate can act long-term as a suppressor of vascularity and inhibit the growth of metastasis in this model of HNSCC...
- Tetrathiomolybdate inhibits head and neck cancer metastasis by decreasing tumor cell motility, invasiveness and by promoting tumor cell anoikisPawan Kumar
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery and Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Mol Cancer 9:206. 2010..However, very little is known about the effect of TM on tumor cell function and tumor metastasis. In this study, we explored the mechanisms underlying TM-mediated inhibition of tumor metastasis...
- The effect of tetrathiomolybdate on cytokine expression, angiogenesis, and tumor growth in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckTheodoros N Teknos
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 131:204-11. 2005..To assess the effect of tetrathiomolybdate on cytokine expression, angiogenesis, and tumor growth rate in human squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)...