Mien Chie Hung
Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Thirumurthi U, Shen J, Xia W, Labaff A, Wei Y, Li C, et al. MDM2-mediated degradation of SIRT6 phosphorylated by AKT1 promotes tumorigenesis and trastuzumab resistance in breast cancer. Sci Signal. 2014;7:ra71 pubmed publisher..Thus, stabilizing SIRT6 may be a clinical strategy for overcoming trastuzumab resistance in breast cancer patients. ..
- Chou C, Huang P, Tsou P, Wei Y, Lee H, Wang Y, et al. A flow-proteometric platform for analyzing protein concentration (FAP): Proof of concept for quantification of PD-L1 protein in cells and tissues. Biosens Bioelectron. 2018;117:97-103 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FAP is a simple, faster, and reliable method to measure the protein concentration in cells and tissues, which can support the conventional methods such as WB and IHC to determine the actual protein level. ..
- Yang W, Cha J, Xia W, Lee H, Chan L, Wang Y, et al. Juxtacrine Signaling Inhibits Antitumor Immunity by Upregulating PD-L1 Expression. Cancer Res. 2018;78:3761-3768 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 78(14); 3761-8. ©2018 AACR. ..
- Wang Y, Lee H, Chou C, Yang W, Wei Y, Chen C, et al. Angiogenin/Ribonuclease 5 Is an EGFR Ligand and a Serum Biomarker for Erlotinib Sensitivity in Pancreatic Cancer. Cancer Cell. 2018;33:752-769.e8 pubmed publisher..These results identify a role of ANG as a serum biomarker that may be used to stratify patients for EGFR-targeted therapies, and offer insights into the ligand-receptor relationship between RNase and RTK families. ..
- Hsu J, Xia W, Hsu Y, Chan L, Yu W, Cha J, et al. STT3-dependent PD-L1 accumulation on cancer stem cells promotes immune evasion. Nat Commun. 2018;9:1908 pubmed publisher..Together, our results link MET to PD-L1 stabilization through glycosylation regulation and reveal it as a potential strategy to enhance cancer immunotherapy efficacy. ..
- Wu T, Chang S, Li C, Hsu Y, Chen T, Lee W, et al. Severe Hepatitis Promotes Hepatocellular Carcinoma Recurrence via NF-?B Pathway-Mediated Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition after Resection. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:1800-12 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that controlling liver inflammation and/or targeting NF-?B-mediated Snail expression may be a potential therapeutic strategy to prevent hepatocellular carcinoma recurrence after hepatectomy. ..
- Hung M, Yang R, Sun Y. Powering Tumor Metastasis with Recycled Fuel. Cancer Cell. 2016;30:374-375 pubmed publisher..In this issue, Ye etÂ al. identify GOLM1 as a cargo adaptor that drives hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis by promoting EGFR recycling and provide insights into how this process is regulated. ..
- Li C, Lim S, Chung E, Kim Y, Park A, Yao J, et al. Eradication of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cells by Targeting Glycosylated PD-L1. Cancer Cell. 2018;33:187-201.e10 pubmed publisher..Our work suggests targeting protein glycosylation as a potential strategy to enhance immune checkpoint therapy. ..
- Jiao S, Xia W, Yamaguchi H, Wei Y, Chen M, Hsu J, et al. PARP Inhibitor Upregulates PD-L1 Expression and Enhances Cancer-Associated Immunosuppression. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23:3711-3720 pubmed publisher..i>Clin Cancer Res; 23(14); 3711-20. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Lim S, Li C, Xia W, Lee H, Chang S, Shen J, et al. EGFR Signaling Enhances Aerobic Glycolysis in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cells to Promote Tumor Growth and Immune Escape. Cancer Res. 2016;76:1284-96 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrate how jointly targeting the EGFR/F1,6BP signaling axis may offer an immediately applicable therapeutic strategy to treat TNBC. ..
- Wan L, Xu K, Wei Y, Zhang J, Han T, Fry C, et al. Phosphorylation of EZH2 by AMPK Suppresses PRC2 Methyltransferase Activity and Oncogenic Function. Mol Cell. 2018;69:279-291.e5 pubmed publisher..Our finding suggests that AMPK agonists might be promising sensitizers for EZH2-targeting cancer therapies. ..
- Yang R, Hung M. The role of T-cell immunoglobulin mucin-3 and its ligand galectin-9 in antitumor immunity and cancer immunotherapy. Sci China Life Sci. 2017;60:1058-1064 pubmed publisher..In this article, we briefly describe the current knowledge of common checkpoint resistance mechanisms, focusing on the Tim-3/Gal-9 pathway as an alternative checkpoint that holds great promise as another target for ICB. ..
- Hsu J, Hung M. The role of HER2, EGFR, and other receptor tyrosine kinases in breast cancer. Cancer Metastasis Rev. 2016;35:575-588 pubmed publisher..In this review, we provide a brief summary on the role of a selected number of RTKs in breast cancer and describe some mechanisms of resistance to targeted therapies. ..
- Lim S, Li C, Xia W, Cha J, Chan L, Wu Y, et al. Deubiquitination and Stabilization of PD-L1 by CSN5. Cancer Cell. 2016;30:925-939 pubmed publisher..CSN5 inhibits the ubiquitination and degradation of PD-L1. Inhibition of CSN5 by curcumin diminished cancer cell PD-L1 expression and sensitized cancer cells to anti-CTLA4 therapy. ..
- Wang Y, Hsu J, Kang Y, Wei Y, Lee P, Chang S, et al. Oncogenic Functions of Gli1 in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma Are Supported by Its PRMT1-Mediated Methylation. Cancer Res. 2016;76:7049-7058 pubmed..Taken together, our results identified a new posttranslational modification of Gli1 that underlies its pivotal oncogenic functions in PDAC. Cancer Res; 76(23); 7049-58. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Chiou G, Chien C, Wang M, Chen M, Yang Y, Yu Y, et al. Epigenetic regulation of the miR142-3p/interleukin-6 circuit in glioblastoma. Mol Cell. 2013;52:693-706 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we discovered an IL-6/miR142-3p feedback-loop-dependent regulation of GBM malignancy that could be a potential therapeutic target. ..