Carol J Howe
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Parental expectations in the care of their children and adolescents with diabetesCarol J Howe
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 27:119-26. 2012..Collectively, these data provide vivid insights into the parent's perspective regarding their needs from diabetes providers as well as their perceptions of interactions that were unhelpful or worse, hurtful or undermining...
- Needle anxiety in children with type 1 diabetes and their mothersCarol J Howe
The Diabetes Center for Children, Division of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 36:25-31. 2011..To report the prevalence of fear, distress, pain, and level of cooperation with insulin injections and blood glucose fingersticks in children with newly diagnosed diabetes and their mothers, and the association with diabetes control...
- Weight-related concerns and behaviors in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetesCarol J Howe
Diabetes Center for Children, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania E mail
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 13:376-85. 2008..J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc, 2008; 13(6), 376-385. DOI: 10.1177/1078390307310154...
- Parents' perceptions of factors that affect successful diabetes management for their childrenKenneth R Ginsburg
Division of Adolescent Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatrics 116:1095-104. 2005..To learn which factors parents perceive to be most influential in determining successful type 1 diabetes management...
- Increasing incidence of type 1 diabetes in youth: twenty years of the Philadelphia Pediatric Diabetes RegistryTerri H Lipman
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes Care 36:1597-603. 2013....
- Disordered eating behaviors in youth with type 1 diabetesSarah Dion Kelly
Diabetes Center for Children, Division of Endocrinology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Diabetes Educ 31:572-83. 2005..This article reviews the available data on the prevalence, screening tools, assessment guidelines, and treatment options for eating disorders in youth with type 1 diabetes...
- Education and telephone case management for children with type 1 diabetes: a randomized controlled trialCarol J Howe
Diabetes Center for Children, The Children s Hospital of Philadephia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 20:83-95. 2005..This change may represent a move toward improved adherence to diabetes care and subsequent improvement in diabetes control. The challenges of recruitment and retention of subjects in this study will also be discussed...