Affiliation: The Field Museum
- Contributions of rpb2 and tef1 to the phylogeny of mushrooms and allies (Basidiomycota, Fungi)P Brandon Matheny
Biology Department, Clark University, 950 Main St, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 43:430-51. 2007..Strong support is also recovered for the basal position of the Dacrymycetales in the Hymenomycetidae and paraphyly of the Exobasidiomycetidae...
- Early diverging Ascomycota: phylogenetic divergence and related evolutionary enigmasJunta Sugiyama
Tokyo Office, TechnoSuruga Co Ltd, Ogawamachi Kita Building 4F, Kanda Ogawamachi 1 8 3, Chiyodaku, Tokyo, Japan
Mycologia 98:996-1005. 2006....
- A five-gene phylogeny of PezizomycotinaJoseph W Spatafora
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331, USA
Mycologia 98:1018-28. 2006..Within Leotiomyceta, the supraclass clades of Leotiomycetes s.s. plus Sordariomycetes and Arthoniomycetes plus Dothideomycetes were resolved with moderate support...
- A higher-level phylogenetic classification of the FungiDavid S Hibbett
Biology Department, Clark University, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
Mycol Res 111:509-47. 2007..Several genera of 'basal' Fungi of uncertain position are not placed in any higher taxa, including Basidiobolus, Caulochytrium, Olpidium, and Rozella...
- Molecular phylogenetics of the gomphoid-phalloid fungi with an establishment of the new subclass Phallomycetidae and two new ordersKentaro Hosaka
Department of Botany, The Field Museum, Chicago, Illinois 60605 2496, USA
Mycologia 98:949-59. 2006..Based on the results of these analyses, a new subclass Phallomycetidae, and two new orders, Hysterangiales and Geastrales, are proposed...
- Biogeography of Hysterangiales (Phallomycetidae, Basidiomycota)Kentaro Hosaka
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Cordley Hall 2082, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331 2902, USA
Mycol Res 112:448-62. 2008..Regardless, models for both ancient and more recent origins of Hysterangiales are consistent with truffle-like fungi being capable of transoceanic dispersal...
- The Ascomycota tree of life: a phylum-wide phylogeny clarifies the origin and evolution of fundamental reproductive and ecological traitsConrad L Schoch
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Syst Biol 58:224-39. 2009..In contrast to previous studies, these analyses support multiple origins of lichenization events with the loss of lichenization as less frequent and limited to terminal, closely related species...
- Phylogenetic relationships of the Gomphales based on nuc-25S-rDNA, mit-12S-rDNA, and mit-atp6-DNA combined sequencesAdmir J Giachini
Department of Forest Ecosystems and Society, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331 5752, USA
Fungal Biol 114:224-34. 2010..A more extensive sampling that focuses on other loci (protein-coding genes have been shown to be phylogenetically informative) may be useful to answer questions about evolutionary relationships among these fungal groups...
- Reconstructing the early evolution of Fungi using a six-gene phylogenyTimothy Y James
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708 0338, USA
Nature 443:818-22. 2006..The enigmatic microsporidia seem to be derived from an endoparasitic chytrid ancestor similar to Rozella allomycis, on the earliest diverging branch of the fungal phylogenetic tree...