Affiliation: The SPHERE Institute/Acumen
- A systematic review of cost-utility analyses in HIV/AIDS: implications for public policyJohn Hornberger
The SPHERE Institute Acumen, LLC, Burlingame, California, USA
Med Decis Making 27:789-821. 2007..To determine whether gaps exist in published cost-utility analyses as measured by their coverage of topics addressed in current HIV guidelines from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)...
- Cost-effectiveness of a vaccine to prevent herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia in older adultsJohn Hornberger
SPHERE Institute and Acumen LLC, Burlingame, California 94010, USA
Ann Intern Med 145:317-25. 2006..12 to 5.42 cases per 1000 person-years. Median follow-up was 3.1 years, and relative risk reduction was 51.3% (95% CI, 44.2% to 57.6%)...
- Recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of primary focal hyperhidrosisJohn Hornberger
Stanford University School of Medicine, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 51:274-86. 2004
- The economics of treating chronic hepatitis C patients with peginterferon alpha-2a (40 kDa) plus ribavirin presenting with persistently normal aminotransferaseJ Hornberger
Acumen LLC The SPHERE Institute, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA
J Viral Hepat 13:377-86. 2006..Thus treatment of PNALT with peginterferon alpha-2a (40 kDa) plus ribavirin is projected to reduce the incidence of cirrhosis, increase life expectancy and have an acceptable cost-effectiveness ratio from a societal perspective...
- Economic analysis of targeting chemotherapy using a 21-gene RT-PCR assay in lymph-node-negative, estrogen-receptor-positive, early-stage breast cancerJohn Hornberger
The SPHERE Institute Acumen, LLC, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:313-24. 2005....
- Cost-effectiveness of enfuvirtide for treatment-experienced patients with HIV in ItalyJohn Hornberger
The SPHERE Institute Acumen, LLC, 1415 Rollins Road, Suite 110, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA
HIV Clin Trials 6:92-102. 2005..Enfuvirtide (ENF) plus an optimized background (OB) antiretroviral regimen delays virological failure (VF), reduces HIV-1 viral load, and increases CD4 count compared with OB only in pretreated patients...
- Comprehensive evaluations of health care interventions: the realism-transparency tradeoffJohn Hornberger
ACUMeN, LLC, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA
Med Decis Making 25:490-2. 2005
- Cost-effectiveness of enfuvirtide in HIV therapy for treatment-experienced patients in the United StatesJohn Hornberger
The SPHERE Institute Acumen, Burlingame, California 94010, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 22:240-7. 2006..5 years among treatment-experienced HIV-infected patients. The cost-effectiveness of ENF is comparable to many existing treatment and prevention management strategies for HIV...
- Cost-effectiveness of peginterferon alfa-2a (40kDa) plus ribavirin in patients with HIV and hepatitis C virus co-infectionJohn Hornberger
The SPHERE Institute Acumen, LLC, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA
J Clin Virol 36:283-91. 2006..The cost-effectiveness of treating these patients with peginterferon alfa-2a/ribavirin has yet to be explored from a US societal perspective...
- Deciding eligibility for transplantation when a donor kidney becomes availableJ Hornberger
Department of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5092, USA
Med Decis Making 17:160-70. 1997..Graft survival rates and quality-adjusted life expectancies may increase by as much 6.7% and 1.6 months, respectively, with only a slight increase (< 0.4 months) in the quality-adjusted waiting time until transplantation...
- Capecitabine plus docetaxel combination therapyShailendra Verma
Department of Medical Oncology, Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, Ottawa, Canada
Cancer 103:2455-65. 2005..The current study evaluated the cost-effectiveness of the capecitabine/docetaxel combination versus docetaxel monotherapy, comparing the gain in quality-adjusted survival with associated health care costs...
- Principles of good practice for decision analytic modeling in health-care evaluation: report of the ISPOR Task Force on Good Research Practices--Modeling StudiesMilton C Weinstein
Center for Risk Analysis, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Value Health 6:9-17. 2003..This report describes the consensus of a task force convened to provide modelers with guidelines for conducting and reporting modeling studies...
- Impact of a 21-gene RT-PCR assay on treatment decisions in early-stage breast cancer: an economic analysis based on prognostic and predictive validation studiesGary H Lyman
Department of Medicine, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Cancer 109:1011-8. 2007..The predictive accuracy for treatment efficacy also underwent validation in 651 patients randomized on NSABP B-20 and 645 patients on NSABP B-14...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of rituximab combined with chop for treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphomaJennie H Best
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Value Health 8:462-70. 2005....
- Relationship between antiretroviral prescribing patterns and treatment guidelines in treatment-naive HIV-1-infected US veterans (1992-2004)Mark Holodniy
AIDS Research Center, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94340, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:20-9. 2007..To analyze temporal patterns of antiretroviral (ARV) prescribing practices relative to nationally defined guidelines in treatment-naive patients with HIV-1 infection...
- Meta-analysis of subcutaneous versus intravenous epoetin in maintenance treatment of anemia in hemodialysis patientsAnatole Besarab
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 40:439-46. 2002....
- Economic evaluation of rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisolone for advanced follicular lymphomaJohn Hornberger
Cedar Associates LLC, Menlo Park, CA, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 49:227-36. 2008..The cost-effectiveness ratio of R-CVP compared with CVP is projected to be cost-effective in the United States under a range of sensitivity analyses...
- Rechargeable spinal cord stimulation versus non-rechargeable system for patients with failed back surgery syndrome: a cost-consequences analysisJohn Hornberger
Cedar Associates LLC, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Clin J Pain 24:244-52. 2008..The study objective is to estimate the average difference in lifetime costs between rechargeable and non-rechargeable pulse generators used in treatment with SCS for failed back surgery syndrome...