K S Hoehn
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Parental decision-making in congenital heart diseaseK Sarah Hoehn
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cardiol Young 14:309-14. 2004..To explore whether prenatal diagnosis of congenital heart disease is associated with lower levels of parental distress and greater satisfaction with decisions about cardiothoracic surgery when compared to postnatal diagnosis...
- What factors are important to parents making decisions about neonatal research?K S Hoehn
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 90:F267-9. 2005..Although parents of neonates with congenital heart disease are often asked permission for their neonates to participate in research studies, little is known about the factors parents consider when making these decisions...
- Lemierre's syndrome: the controversy of anticoagulationK Sarah Hoehn
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatrics 115:1415-6. 2005
- Assessment of parental decision-making in neonatal cardiac research: a pilot studyAruna T Nathan
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, USA
J Med Ethics 36:106-10. 2010..To assess parental permission for a neonate's research participation using the MacArthur competence assessment tool for clinical research (MacCAT-CR), specifically testing the components of understanding, appreciation, reasoning and choice...
- Advising parents about children's participation in clinical researchK Sarah Hoehn
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatr Ann 33:778-81. 2004..If there are unanswered questions, the pediatrician should encourage a parent to contact the researcher, or offer (with the parent's permission) to contact the researchers on the parent's behalf...
- Variation in standards of research compensation and child assent practices: a comparison of 69 institutional review board-approved informed permission and assent forms for 3 multicenter pediatric clinical trialsMichael B Kimberly
Pediatric Generalist Research Group, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatrics 117:1706-11. 2006....
- Approaching parents for organ donation: who and when?K Sarah Hoehn
Pediatr Crit Care Med 9:234-5. 2008