- Herpes zoster duplex bilateralis in an immunocompetent woman--is gender a risk factor?RACHEL GORDON
Center for Clinical Studies, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Popul Health Manag 15:398-400. 2012..We present a case concerning herpes zoster duplex bilateralis occurring in a healthy, immunocompetent woman and discuss if female sex may be a risk factor for this presentation of herpes zoster...
- Antibiotics used in nonbacterial dermatologic conditionsRachel A Gordon
Center for Clinical Studies, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Dermatol Ther 25:38-54. 2012..The following chapter is an overview of select noninfectious dermatological conditions for which antibiotics are used, with a focus on the most common antibiotics used for their nonantimicrobial properties...
- Cutaneous phaeohyphomycosis caused by Paraconiothyrium cyclothyrioidesRachel A Gordon
Center for Clinical Studies, Houston, Texas, USA
J Clin Microbiol 50:3795-8. 2012..cyclothyrioides. Treatment with posaconazole led to complete resolution of the lesions. P. cyclothyrioides should be considered an opportunistic human pathogen in immunocompromised patients...
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever in a patient treated with anti-TNF-alpha inhibitorsRana M Mays
Center for Clinical Studies, Webster, TX, USA
Dermatol Online J 19:7. 2013..The clinical findings were suggestive of RMSF, which was later confirmed with serology. Prompt treatment with doxyclycine is recommended for all patients with clinical suspicion of RMSF...
- Antibiotic overuse and resistance in dermatologySusan Y Chon
Department of Dermatology, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dermatol Ther 25:55-69. 2012....