Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Novel approach to percutaneous stent implantation for coarctation of the aorta: the railway techniqueMatthew J Gillespie
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 65:584-7. 2005..The railway allowed for stent placement with minimal movement of the balloon/stent assembly during deployment. This strategy may decrease the risk of stent malposition and could be particularly useful in cases where anatomy is difficult...
- Transcatheter closure of patent ductus venosus with the Amplatzer vascular plug in twin brothersM J Gillespie
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 27:142-5. 2006..To our knowledge, this is the first description of the use of the Amplatzer vascular plug for ductus venosus closure...
- Melody valve implant within failed bioprosthetic valves in the pulmonary position: a multicenter experienceMatthew J Gillespie
Division of Cardiology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 5:862-70. 2012..We review the combined experience with transcatheter pulmonary valve implantation within BPVs from 8 centers in the United States and discuss technical aspects of the Melody-in-BPV procedure...
- Risk factors for adverse outcomes after surgery on the systemic atrioventricular valve in 109 childrenMatthew J Gillespie
Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cardiol Young 16:35-42. 2006
- Determinants of intensive care unit length of stay for infants undergoing cardiac surgeryMatthew Gillespie
Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 1:152-60. 2006..The purpose of this study was to identify factors that influence postoperative intensive care unit length of stay (ICULOS) in infants less than 6 months of age undergoing congenital heart surgery...
- Transcatheter treatment for systemic-to-pulmonary artery shunt obstruction in infants and childrenMatthew J Gillespie
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 71:928-35. 2008..This review summarizes the various transcatheter techniques used by the interventionalist to re-establish flow through occluded shunts...
- Endovascular stents for relief of cyanosis in single-ventricle patients with shunt or conduit-dependent pulmonary blood flowChristopher J Petit
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:280-6. 2006..Hypoxemia is a significant cause of early and interstage death in patients with single ventricle (SV). Obstruction of Blalock-Taussig shunts (BTS) in patients with SV has traditionally been managed with surgical revision...
- Novel use of a modified Amplatzer Vascular Plug to occlude a patent ductus arteriosus in two patientsAndrew C Glatz
Division of Cardiology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 72:82-6. 2008..These are situations in which more popular PDA devices such as the Amplatzer Duct Occluder may be contraindicated...