Jeffrey L Gauthier
Affiliation: The Salk Institute
- Receptive fields in primate retina are coordinated to sample visual space more uniformlyJeffrey L Gauthier
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 7:e1000063. 2009..These results show that the primate retina encodes light with an exquisitely coordinated array of RF shapes, illustrating a higher degree of functional precision in the neural circuitry than previously appreciated...
- High-sensitivity rod photoreceptor input to the blue-yellow color opponent pathway in macaque retinaGreg D Field
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 12:1159-64. 2009..Third, rod input to SBCs may be the substrate for behavioral biases toward perception of blue at mesopic light levels...
- Correlated firing among major ganglion cell types in primate retinaMartin Greschner
Systems Neurobiology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Physiol 589:75-86. 2011..Collectively, these results provide an overview of correlated firing across cell types in the primate retina, and constraints on the underlying mechanisms...
- Functional connectivity in the retina at the resolution of photoreceptorsGreg D Field
Systems Neurobiology Laboratories, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 467:673-7. 2010..These measurements reveal computations in a neural circuit at the elementary resolution of individual neurons...
- Uniform signal redundancy of parasol and midget ganglion cells in primate retinaJeffrey L Gauthier
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 NorthTorrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Neurosci 29:4675-80. 2009....
- Spatial properties and functional organization of small bistratified ganglion cells in primate retinaGreg D Field
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 27:13261-72. 2007..Thus, despite their distinctive morphology and chromatic properties, SBCs exhibit two features of other retinal ganglion cell types: center-surround antagonism and regular mosaic sampling of visual space...
- The structure of multi-neuron firing patterns in primate retinaJonathon Shlens
Department of Systems Neurobiology, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 26:8254-66. 2006..This approach provides a way to define limits on the complexity of network interactions and thus may be relevant for probing the function of many neural circuits...
- The structure of large-scale synchronized firing in primate retinaJonathon Shlens
The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 29:5022-31. 2009..In sum, large-scale synchronized firing in the entire population of ON-parasol cells appears to reflect simple neighbor interactions, rather than a unique visual signal or a highly redundant coding scheme...