Jeffrey L Gauthier
Affiliation: The Salk Institute
- Receptive fields in primate retina are coordinated to sample visual space more uniformlyJeffrey L Gauthier
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 7:e1000063. 2009..These results show that the primate retina encodes light with an exquisitely coordinated array of RF shapes, illustrating a higher degree of functional precision in the neural circuitry than previously appreciated...
- A polyaxonal amacrine cell population in the primate retinaMartin Greschner
Department of Neuroscience, University Oldenburg, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany, Department of Cell and Neurobiology, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, Systems Neurobiology Laboratories, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, Santa Cruz Institute for Particle Physics, University of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, California 95064, and Department of Neurosurgery and Hansen Experimental Physics Laboratory, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305
J Neurosci 34:3597-606. 2014..These findings reveal the functional organization and collective visual signaling by a distinctive, high-density amacrine cell population. ..
- High-sensitivity rod photoreceptor input to the blue-yellow color opponent pathway in macaque retinaGreg D Field
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 12:1159-64. 2009..Third, rod input to SBCs may be the substrate for behavioral biases toward perception of blue at mesopic light levels...
- Correlated firing among major ganglion cell types in primate retinaMartin Greschner
Systems Neurobiology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Physiol 589:75-86. 2011..Collectively, these results provide an overview of correlated firing across cell types in the primate retina, and constraints on the underlying mechanisms...
- Functional connectivity in the retina at the resolution of photoreceptorsGreg D Field
Systems Neurobiology Laboratories, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 467:673-7. 2010..These measurements reveal computations in a neural circuit at the elementary resolution of individual neurons...
- Uniform signal redundancy of parasol and midget ganglion cells in primate retinaJeffrey L Gauthier
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 NorthTorrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Neurosci 29:4675-80. 2009....
- Spatial properties and functional organization of small bistratified ganglion cells in primate retinaGreg D Field
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 27:13261-72. 2007..Thus, despite their distinctive morphology and chromatic properties, SBCs exhibit two features of other retinal ganglion cell types: center-surround antagonism and regular mosaic sampling of visual space...
- The structure of multi-neuron firing patterns in primate retinaJonathon Shlens
Department of Systems Neurobiology, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 26:8254-66. 2006..This approach provides a way to define limits on the complexity of network interactions and thus may be relevant for probing the function of many neural circuits...
- The structure of large-scale synchronized firing in primate retinaJonathon Shlens
The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 29:5022-31. 2009..In sum, large-scale synchronized firing in the entire population of ON-parasol cells appears to reflect simple neighbor interactions, rather than a unique visual signal or a highly redundant coding scheme...