Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Garcia Manero G. Can we improve outcomes in patients with acute myelogenous leukemia? Incorporating HDAC inhibitors into front-line therapy. Best Pract Res Clin Haematol. 2012;25:427-35 pubmed publisher..Here, we present the rationale for such combination and the studies that led to the support of this concept including both in vitro models and initial phase 1 trials. ..
- Garcia Manero G, Tibes R, Kadia T, Kantarjian H, Arellano M, Knight E, et al. Phase 1 dose escalation trial of ilorasertib, a dual Aurora/VEGF receptor kinase inhibitor, in patients with hematologic malignancies. Invest New Drugs. 2015;33:870-80 pubmed publisher..Ilorasertib exhibited acceptable safety and pharmacokinetics at or below the recommended phase 2 dose, displayed evidence of dual Aurora kinase and VEGF receptor kinase inhibition, and activity in AML. ..
- Garcia Manero G, Khoury H, Jabbour E, Lancet J, Winski S, Cable L, et al. A phase I study of oral ARRY-614, a p38 MAPK/Tie2 dual inhibitor, in patients with low or intermediate-1 risk myelodysplastic syndromes. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21:985-94 pubmed publisher..ARRY-614 was well tolerated and has sufficient activity to warrant further evaluation in this patient population. We recommend 1,200 mg once daily as the optimal dose for further study. ..
- Ok C, Patel K, Garcia Manero G, Routbort M, Peng J, Tang G, et al. TP53 mutation characteristics in therapy-related myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemia is similar to de novo diseases. J Hematol Oncol. 2015;8:45 pubmed publisher..t-MN carrying TP53 mutation have an aggressive clinical course independent of other confounding factors. ..
- Garcia Manero G, Fenaux P, Al Kali A, Baer M, Sekeres M, Roboz G, et al. Rigosertib versus best supportive care for patients with high-risk myelodysplastic syndromes after failure of hypomethylating drugs (ONTIME): a randomised, controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2016;17:496-508 pubmed publisher..Onconova Therapeutics, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. ..
- Cabrero M, Wei Y, Yang H, Ganan Gomez I, Bohannan Z, Colla S, et al. Down-regulation of EZH2 expression in myelodysplastic syndromes. Leuk Res. 2016;44:1-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that EZH2 underexpression may have unique impact on the molecular pathogenesis and prognosis in MDS and be an important marker for patients without chromosome 7 alteration. ..
- Yang H, Fang Z, Wei Y, Bohannan Z, GaÃ±Ã¡n GÃ³mez I, Pierola A, et al. Preclinical activity of FF-10501-01, a novel inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase inhibitor, in acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2017;59:85-92 pubmed publisher..FF-10501-01 effectively induces AML cell death and reduces AML peripheral blood cell proliferation by targeting guanine nucleotide biosynthesis regardless of HMA resistance status. ..
- Garcia Manero G. Demethylating agents in myeloid malignancies. Curr Opin Oncol. 2008;20:705-10 pubmed publisher..Further work in new combination therapies may result in further advances in the care of patients with MDS. ..
- Garcia Manero G, Shan J, Faderl S, Cortes J, Ravandi F, Borthakur G, et al. A prognostic score for patients with lower risk myelodysplastic syndrome. Leukemia. 2008;22:538-43 pubmed..2 months (95% CI 13-18). In summary, this analysis indicates that it is possible to identify patients with lower risk MDS and poor prognosis who may benefit from early intervention. ..
- Chamseddine A, Jabbour E, Kantarjian H, Bohannan Z, Garcia Manero G. Unraveling Myelodysplastic Syndromes: Current Knowledge and Future Directions. Curr Oncol Rep. 2016;18:4 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss new insights into diagnostic accuracy, prognostic assessment, pathogenic mechanisms, and effective treatments for MDS. ..
- Garcia Manero G, Jabbour E, Borthakur G, Faderl S, Estrov Z, Yang H, et al. Randomized open-label phase II study of decitabine in patients with low- or intermediate-risk myelodysplastic syndromes. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:2548-53 pubmed publisher..This open-label, randomized phase II trial assessed efficacy and tolerability of two low-dose regimens of subcutaneous (SC) decitabine in patients with low- or intermediate-1-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)...
- Garcia Manero G. Myelodysplastic syndromes: 2012 update on diagnosis, risk-stratification, and management. Am J Hematol. 2012;87:692-701 pubmed publisher..MDS occurs more frequently in older male and in individuals with prior exposure to cytotoxic therapy...
- Garcia Manero G, Tambaro F, Bekele N, Yang H, Ravandi F, Jabbour E, et al. Phase II trial of vorinostat with idarubicin and cytarabine for patients with newly diagnosed acute myelogenous leukemia or myelodysplastic syndrome. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:2204-10 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of the combination of the histone deacetylase inhibitor vorinostat with idarubicin and ara-C (cytarabine) in patients with acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) or myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)...