Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- J. Maxwell Chamberlain Memorial Paper for congenital heart surgery. Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest does not impair neurodevelopmental outcome in school-age children after infant cardiac surgeryStephanie Fuller
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 90:1985-94; discussion 1994-5. 2010..The purpose of this study was to assess deep hypothermic circulatory arrest (DHCA) as a modifier of neurodevelopmental (ND) outcomes in preschool children after cardiac surgery in infancy for repair of congenital heart defects (CHD)...
- Neonatal surgical reconstruction and peri-operative care for hypoplastic left heart syndrome: current strategiesStephanie Fuller
Cardiac Surgery, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3400 Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cardiol Young 21:38-46. 2011..Owing to the fact that comparative outcomes for these strategies have been addressed in a limited number of prospective trials and extractions from multi-centred databases, the primary focus of this review is descriptive...
- Predictors of impaired neurodevelopmental outcomes at one year of age after infant cardiac surgeryStephanie Fuller
Division of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 36:40-7. 2009..For most newborns, congenital heart defects (CHD) appear to be isolated anomalies and the brain is presumed to have normal developmental potential. Most studies of neurodevelopmental outcomes have focused on operative management strategies...
- Early results of single-stage biventricular repair of severe aortic hypoplasia or atresia with ventricular septal defect and normal left ventriclePeter J Gruber
Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:260-3. 2006..We considered whether primary biventricular repair was a safe alternative in all cases, even in the presence of interrupted aortic arch...
- Induction therapy with antithymocyte globulin before reperfusionSamuel B Goldfarb
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 90:1110-4; discussion 1114-5. 2010..The timing of induction is not universal. We hypothesize that early treatment with antilymphocyte globulin (ATG) prior to reperfusion of the first donor lung will decrease the incidence of ACR...