Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Roth R, Haraldsdottir S, Hampel H, Arnold C, Frankel W. Discordant Mismatch Repair Protein Immunoreactivity in Lynch Syndrome-Associated Neoplasms: ?A Recommendation for Screening Synchronous/Metachronous Neoplasms. Am J Clin Pathol. 2016;146:50-6 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, our findings support the recommendation to perform LS screening in all primary, synchronous, and metachronous intestinal and endometrial cancers if a previous tumor screened intact. ..
- Katz M, Ou F, Herman J, Ahmad S, Wolpin B, Marsh R, et al. Alliance for clinical trials in oncology (ALLIANCE) trial A021501: preoperative extended chemotherapy vs. chemotherapy plus hypofractionated radiation therapy for borderline resectable adenocarcinoma of the head of the pancreas. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:505 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov : NCT02839343 , registered July 14, 2016. ..
- Frankel W. Update on pancreatic endocrine tumors. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006;130:963-6 pubmed..Resection remains the mainstay of surgical treatment. It is important to be aware that unusual morphologic variants of pancreatic endocrine tumors are common, and immunohistochemical stains can help avoid misdiagnosis...
- Chen W, Swanson B, Frankel W. Molecular genetics of microsatellite-unstable colorectal cancer for pathologists. Diagn Pathol. 2017;12:24 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the major pathogenesis pathways of dMMR CRCs, their clinicopathologic features, and practical screening suggestions. In addition, we include frequently asked questions for MMR immunohistochemistry interpretation. ..
- Markow M, Chen W, Frankel W. Immunohistochemical Pitfalls: Common Mistakes in the Evaluation of Lynch Syndrome. Surg Pathol Clin. 2017;10:977-1007 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemistry is one of the most widely used screening tools for identifying patients with Lynch syndrome. ..