Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Social patterning in body mass index (BMI) among contemporary immigrant groups: the emergence of a gradientReanne Frank
Department of Sociology, The Ohio State University, 238 Townshend Hall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Demography 50:993-1012. 2013....
- A tale of two cities: Residential context and risky behavior among adolescents in Los Angeles and ChicagoReanne Frank
Department of Sociology, 238 Townshend Hall, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Health Place 17:67-77. 2011..Members of each racial/ethnic group appear to exhibit negative health risk behaviors when they reside in areas that are disproportionately populated with their co-ethnic peers...
- Functional or futile?: the (in)utility of methodological critiques of genetic research on racial disparities in health. A commentary on Kaufman's "Epidemiologic analysis of racial/ethnic disparities: some fundamental issues and a cautionary example&qReanne Frank
Department of Sociology, Ohio State University, 300 Bricker Hall, 190 N Oval Mall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Soc Sci Med 66:1670-4. 2008
- Barrios and burbs: residential context and health-risk behaviors among Angeleno adolescentsReanne Frank
Ohio State University, Department of Sociology, Columbus 43210, USA
J Health Soc Behav 48:283-300. 2007..The findings lend support to the contention, put forth in the segmented assimilation literature, that disadvantaged urban contexts increase the risk that U.S.-born children of immigrants will experience downward assimilation...
- What to make of it? The (Re)emergence of a biological conceptualization of race in health disparities researchReanne Frank
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Soc Sci Med 64:1977-83. 2007....
- International migration and infant health in MexicoReanne Frank
Department of Sociology, The Ohio State University, 300 Bricker Hall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Immigr Health 7:11-22. 2005..Socioeconomic improvements facilitated by the receipt of remittances, coupled with positive health behaviors, are two factors that contribute to this protective effect...
- The relationship between remittances and health care provision in MexicoReanne Frank
Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Am J Public Health 99:1227-31. 2009..We examined whether remittances sent from the United States to Mexico were used to access health care in Mexico...
- Low birth weight in Mexico: new evidence from a multi-site postpartum hospital surveyReanne Frank
The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Salud Publica Mex 46:23-31. 2004..To identify factors related to cases of low birth weight among a sample of Mexican women...
- Health selection among new immigrantsIlana Redstone Akresh
University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, IL, USA
Am J Public Health 98:2058-64. 2008....
- Race and genetic influences on healthReanne Frank
JAMA 295:384-5; author reply 385-6. 2006
- The relative importance of unmeasured covariates in racial/ethnic disparities researchColin R Cooke
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:774; author reply 774-5. 2008
- Neighborhood Context and Latino YouthReanne Frank; Fiscal Year: 2006..S., the ways in which particular residential contexts influence Latino adolescent development will be increasingly significant for communities across the country. ..