P R Fox
Affiliation: The Animal Medical Center
- Spontaneously occurring arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy in the domestic cat: A new animal model similar to the human diseaseP R Fox
Caspary Research Institute of the Animal Medical Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Circulation 102:1863-70. 2000..Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC) is a primary myocardial disease of incompletely resolved pathogenesis and is a largely unappreciated cause of sudden death in the young...
- Pathology of myxomatous mitral valve disease in the dogPhilip R Fox
Caspary Research Institute, The Animal Medical Center, 510 East 62nd Street, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Vet Cardiol 14:103-26. 2012..It remains unresolved whether, or to what extent, the pathobiology of myxomatous mitral valve degeneration is the same between breeds of dogs, between canines and humans, and how these features are related to aging and genetics...
- Utility of plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) to distinguish between congestive heart failure and non-cardiac causes of acute dyspnea in catsPhilip R Fox
Caspary Institute, The Animal Medical Center, 510 East 62nd Street, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Vet Cardiol 11:S51-61. 2009..primary respiratory disease; (2) increases with renal insufficiency; (3) correlates with left atrial dimension, radiographic cardiomegaly, and estimated left ventricular filling pressure (E/E(a))...
- Multicenter evaluation of plasma N-terminal probrain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro BNP) as a biochemical screening test for asymptomatic (occult) cardiomyopathy in catsP R Fox
Animal Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
J Vet Intern Med 25:1010-6. 2011..B-type natriuretic peptide concentrations reliably distinguish between cardiac and respiratory causes of dyspnea, but its utility to detect asymptomatic cats with occult cardiomyopathy (OCM) is unresolved...
- Relationship of plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide concentrations to heart failure classification and cause of respiratory distress in dogs using a 2nd generation ELISA assayP R Fox
The Animal Medical Center, New York, NY
J Vet Intern Med 29:171-9. 2015..Cardiac biomarkers provide objective data that augments clinical assessment of heart disease (HD)...