James Christopher Fowler
Affiliation: The Menninger Clinic
- Core principles in treating suicidal patientsJames Christopher Fowler
Menninger Clinic, Houston, TX 77035, USA
Psychotherapy (Chic) 50:268-72. 2013..The overarching principle undergirding the utility of the principles is a collaborative joining with the patient to decrease isolation and alienation when facing intense and overwhelming emotions...
- Exposure to interpersonal trauma, attachment insecurity, and depression severityJ Christopher Fowler
The Menninger, Houston, TX 77035, USA
J Affect Disord 149:313-8. 2013..This study examines the role that attachment insecurity plays in mediating the relationship between prior exposure to trauma and current expression of depression severity...
- Attachment style and treatment completion among psychiatric inpatients with substance use disordersJames Christopher Fowler
Department of Psychiatry, Menninger Clinic Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77035, USA
Am J Addict 22:14-7. 2013..This study examined patient characteristics, including attachment style as predictors of completing 42 contiguous days of inpatient dual-diagnosis treatment among patients with substance use disorders...
- Quality of object representations related to service utilization in a long-term residential treatment centerJ Christopher Fowler
Menninger Department of Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine, USA
Psychotherapy (Chic) 49:418-22. 2012..Results highlight the importance of a comprehensive multimodal evaluation for improving treatment preparation, planning, and intervention. Clinical implications are considered...
- Risk factors for medically serious suicide attempts: evidence for a psychodynamic formulation of suicidal crisisJ Christopher Fowler
Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, 2800 Gessner Road, Houston, TX 77080, USA
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 60:555-76. 2012..Elevated IRSI accurately identified suicide attempt status above and beyond past suicide attempts and other empirically validated risk factors. Results are discussed in light of psychodynamic formulations of suicide risk...
- Suicide risk assessment in clinical practice: pragmatic guidelines for imperfect assessmentsJames Christopher Fowler
Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77080, USA
Psychotherapy (Chic) 49:81-90. 2012..Within this treatment heuristic, the Suicide Assessment Five-step Evaluation and Triage (SAFE-T) is recommended as a pragmatic multidimensional assessment protocol incorporating the best known risk and protective factors...