James Christopher Fowler
Affiliation: The Menninger Clinic
- Construct validity and factor structure of the difficulties in Emotion Regulation Scale among adults with severe mental illnessJ Christopher Fowler
The Menninger Clinic, Houston, TX 77035, USA Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA Electronic address
J Psychiatr Res 58:175-80. 2014..The current study assesses the construct validity and latent factor structure of the DERS in a large sample of adult psychiatric inpatients with serious mental illness (SMI)...
- Improvement in health-related quality of life among adults with serious mental illness receiving inpatient treatment: a prospective cohort studyJ Christopher Fowler
Menninger Clinic, 12301 Main St, Houston, TX 77030
J Clin Psychiatry 76:e632-8. 2015..This study examined changes in health-related quality of life in adult inpatients with serious mental illness engaged in a 6- to 8-week intensive treatment program...
- Core principles in treating suicidal patientsJames Christopher Fowler
Menninger Clinic, Houston, TX 77035, USA
Psychotherapy (Chic) 50:268-72. 2013..The overarching principle undergirding the utility of the principles is a collaborative joining with the patient to decrease isolation and alienation when facing intense and overwhelming emotions...
- Exposure to interpersonal trauma, attachment insecurity, and depression severityJ Christopher Fowler
The Menninger, Houston, TX 77035, USA
J Affect Disord 149:313-8. 2013..This study examines the role that attachment insecurity plays in mediating the relationship between prior exposure to trauma and current expression of depression severity...
- Attachment style and treatment completion among psychiatric inpatients with substance use disordersJames Christopher Fowler
Department of Psychiatry, Menninger Clinic Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77035, USA
Am J Addict 22:14-7. 2013..This study examined patient characteristics, including attachment style as predictors of completing 42 contiguous days of inpatient dual-diagnosis treatment among patients with substance use disorders...
- Quality of object representations related to service utilization in a long-term residential treatment centerJ Christopher Fowler
Menninger Department of Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine, USA
Psychotherapy (Chic) 49:418-22. 2012..Results highlight the importance of a comprehensive multimodal evaluation for improving treatment preparation, planning, and intervention. Clinical implications are considered...
- Risk factors for medically serious suicide attempts: evidence for a psychodynamic formulation of suicidal crisisJ Christopher Fowler
Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, 2800 Gessner Road, Houston, TX 77080, USA
J Am Psychoanal Assoc 60:555-76. 2012..Elevated IRSI accurately identified suicide attempt status above and beyond past suicide attempts and other empirically validated risk factors. Results are discussed in light of psychodynamic formulations of suicide risk...
- Suicide risk assessment in clinical practice: pragmatic guidelines for imperfect assessmentsJames Christopher Fowler
Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77080, USA
Psychotherapy (Chic) 49:81-90. 2012..Within this treatment heuristic, the Suicide Assessment Five-step Evaluation and Triage (SAFE-T) is recommended as a pragmatic multidimensional assessment protocol incorporating the best known risk and protective factors...