Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Differentiation of human prostate cancer PC-3 cells induced by inhibitors of inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenaseDaniel Floryk
Gene Expression Group, Energy Systems Division and Bioscience Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, Illinois, USA
Cancer Res 64:9049-56. 2004....
- Mycophenolic acid-induced replication arrest, differentiation markers and cell death of androgen-independent prostate cancer cells DU145Daniel Floryk
Gene Expression Group Energy Systems Division, Argonne National Laboratory, 9700 S Cass Ave, Bldg 202, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
Cancer Lett 231:20-9. 2006..We suggest that inosine 5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase inhibitors, which are already used for the treatment of other diseases, may be used as potential differentiation therapy drugs to control prostate cancer...
- Differentiation of androgen-independent prostate cancer PC-3 cells is associated with increased nuclear factor-kappaB activityDaniel Floryk
Gene Expression Group, Argonne National Laboratory, IL 60439, USA
Cancer Res 65:11588-96. 2005..Taken together, our results implicate both NF-kappaB-dependent and NF-kappaB-independent genes in the processes leading to PC-3 cell differentiation induced by tributyrin and MPA...
- Perifosine induces differentiation and cell death in prostate cancer cellsDaniel Floryk
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Lett 266:216-26. 2008..Together, these findings indicate that perifosine induces GSK-3beta-related differentiation and caspase-independent cell death in prostate cancer PC-3 cells. In addition our results identify specific biomarkers for perifosine therapy...
- Antiproliferative effects of AVN944, a novel inosine 5-monophosphate dehydrogenase inhibitor, in prostate cancer cellsDaniel Floryk
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Int J Cancer 123:2294-302. 2008..AVN944 is a novel, promising therapeutic agent that might be combined with other agents for treatment of human prostate cancer...
- The alkylphospholipid, perifosine, radiosensitizes prostate cancer cells both in vitro and in vivoYuanhong Gao
Department of Radiation Oncology, The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Weill Cornell Medical College, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Radiat Oncol 6:39. 2011..In this study, we investigated the effect of the combined treatment of perifosine and radiation (CTPR) on prostate cancer cells in vitro and on prostate cancer xenografts in vivo...
- Castration-induced changes in mouse epididymal white adipose tissueDaniel Floryk
Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 345:58-67. 2011..Castration also reduces the expression of androgen receptor in WAT in the regular-diet group. We conclude that castration reduces tissue mass and affects biologic function of WAT in mice...
- Glycerophosphate-dependent hydrogen peroxide production by brown adipose tissue mitochondria and its activation by ferricyanideZdenek Drahota
Institute of Physiology and Center for Integrated Genomics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague
J Bioenerg Biomembr 34:105-13. 2002..The data suggest that more intensive production of reactive oxygen species may be present in mammalian cells with active mGPDH...