Evan S Fieldston
Affiliation: The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Resource utilization for observation-status stays at children's hospitalsEvan S Fieldston
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatrics 131:1050-8. 2013..The goal of this study was to describe resource utilization characteristics for patients in observation and inpatient status in a national cohort of hospitalized children in the Pediatric Health Information System...
- Effects of an education and training intervention on caregiver knowledge of nonurgent pediatric complaints and on child health services utilizationEvan S Fieldston
Department of Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 29:331-6. 2013..The objective of this study was to test the impact of an education and training intervention about management of common childhood illnesses on caregiver knowledge and health service use by an index child...
- Pediatric integrated delivery system's experience with pandemic influenza A (H1N1)Evan S Fieldston
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th and Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104 E mail
Am J Manag Care 18:635-44. 2012..These experiences do not imply the need for vertical integration with ownership, but do support tight coordination, communication, integration, and alignment in any management structure...
- A qualitative assessment of reasons for nonurgent visits to the emergency department: parent and health professional opinionsEvan S Fieldston
Department of Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 28:220-5. 2012..The objectives of this study were to elicit and to describe guardians' and health professionals' opinions on reasons for nonurgent pediatric ED visits...
- Direct observation of bed utilization in the pediatric intensive care unitEvan S Fieldston
Department of Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Hosp Med 7:318-24. 2012..Because the PICU is a crossroads for many patients, transfer or discharge delays can negatively impact a patient's clinical status and efficiency...
- Addressing inpatient crowding by smoothing occupancy at children's hospitalsEvan S Fieldston
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
J Hosp Med 6:462-8. 2011..To quantify the difference in weekday versus weekend occupancy, and the opportunity to smooth inpatient occupancy to reduce crowding at children's hospitals...
- Scheduled admissions and high occupancy at a children's hospitalEvan S Fieldston
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Hosp Med 6:81-7. 2011..Variability from scheduling decisions may affect occupancy and be amenable to alteration...
- Children's hospitals do not acutely respond to high occupancyEvan S Fieldston
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatrics 125:974-81. 2010..It is not known how children's hospitals acutely respond to high occupancy. The objective of this study was to describe the frequency, direction, and magnitude of children's hospitals' acute responses to high occupancy...
- Resource burden at children's hospitals experiencing surge volumes during the spring 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemicMarion R Sills
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Section of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital, Aurora, USA
Acad Emerg Med 18:158-66. 2011..The objective was to describe the emergency department (ED) resource burden of the spring 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic at U.S. children's hospitals by quantifying observed-to-expected utilization...
- Hospital-based pandemic influenza preparedness and response: strategies to increase surge capacityRichard J Scarfone
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 27:565-72. 2011....
- Local macroeconomic trends and hospital admissions for child abuse, 2000-2009Joanne N Wood
PolicyLab and General Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia 3535 Market St, Room 1517, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatrics 130:e358-64. 2012..To examine the relationship between local macroeconomic indicators and physical abuse admission rates to pediatric hospitals over time...