Timothy F Feltes
Affiliation: The Ohio State University
- Palivizumab prophylaxis reduces hospitalization due to respiratory syncytial virus in young children with hemodynamically significant congenital heart diseaseTimothy F Feltes
Ohio State University and The Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, ED622, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Pediatr 143:532-40. 2003..To evaluate the safety, tolerance, and efficacy of palivizumab in children with hemodynamically significant congenital heart disease (CHD)...
- Palivizumab and the prevention of respiratory syncytial virus illness in pediatric patients with congenital heart diseaseTimothy F Feltes
The Ohio State University, Columbus Children s Hospital, 700 Children s Drive, ED 617, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 7:1471-80. 2007..Palivizumab is one of the first monoclonal antibodies to significantly impact a pediatric disease...
- The current state of infection with respiratory syncytial virus in the setting of congenital cardiac malformationsTimothy F Feltes
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Columbus Children s Hospital, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Cardiol Young 16:136-43. 2006
- Increased calcium supplementation is associated with morbidity and mortality in the infant postoperative cardiac patientPeter C Dyke
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State Unviersity, and Columbus Children s Hospital, The Heart Center, Columbus, OH 43205 2696, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 8:254-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to assess the association of calcium replacement therapy with morbidity and mortality in infants after cardiac surgery involving cardiopulmonary bypass...
- Initial counseling prior to palliation for hypoplastic left heart syndromeAndrew R Yates
Nationwide Children s Hospital and Research Institute, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 6:347-58. 2011..We sought to examine what procedure, if any, is recommended for HLHS management in regard to physician preference, anatomical variations, and concomitant medical issues...
- A randomized controlled trial of motavizumab versus palivizumab for the prophylaxis of serious respiratory syncytial virus disease in children with hemodynamically significant congenital heart diseaseTimothy F Feltes
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University and Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Pediatr Res 70:186-91. 2011..Safety and efficacy were consistent with another study comparing motavizumab with palivizumab in premature infants without CHD...
- Quality outcomes of ACHD patients undergoing cardiovascular procedures and hospital admissions in a free-standing children's hospitalStephen R Crumb
Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Int J Cardiol 146:326-9. 2011..Describe quality outcomes of adults with congenital heart disease (ACHD) undergoing cardiovascular procedures and admissions in a free-standing children's hospital with a multi-disciplinary ACHD program and compared with pediatric outcomes...
- Hepatic necrosis following repair of totally anomalous pulmonary venous connectionAbigail Fischer
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, The Heart Center, Columbus Children s Hospital and The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43220, USA
Cardiol Young 17:435-7. 2007..We describe associated anomalies of the portal venous system...
- Echocardiographic evaluation of the single right ventricle in congenital heart disease: results of new techniquesClifford L Cua
Heart Center, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Circ J 76:22-31. 2012..As this complex population continues to increase in number, accurate and precise evaluation of RV function will be a major issue in determining clinical care...
- Hyperglycemia is a marker for poor outcome in the postoperative pediatric cardiac patientAndrew R Yates
Department of Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43205 2696, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 7:351-5. 2006..Minimal data exist in postoperative pediatric cardiac patients. The goal of this study was to determine whether hyperglycemia in the postoperative period was associated with increased morbidity or mortality...
- Acute and long-term effects of infection by the respiratory syncytial virus in children with congenital cardiac malformationsTimothy F Feltes
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Cardiol Young 15:266-73. 2005..Indeed, an increasing body of evidence supports this hypothesis, indicating a clinical rationale for prophylaxis against the virus in infancy, in order to reduce the chance of developing reactive airways disease and asthma in later life...
- The European Forum for Clinical Management: prophylaxis against the respiratory syncytial virus in infants and young children with congenital cardiac diseaseRobert M R Tulloh
Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, Bristol, United Kingdom
Cardiol Young 15:274-8. 2005..The recommendations resulting from the discussions are presented in this paper, as a step towards reaching consensus...
- Infection by the respiratory syncytial virus in infants and young children at high riskDamien Bonnet
Paediatric Cardiology, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Cardiol Young 15:256-65. 2005..National and international guidelines, therefore, now recommend routine prophylaxis in the first year of life in children with haemodynamically significant congenital cardiac disease...
- Improved early results with the Fontan operation in adults with functional single ventricleAntonio R Mott
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston 77030, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 77:1334-40. 2004..This study describes the clinical presentation and early operative results of adults who have undergone Fontan modifications...
- Mediastinitis after pediatric cardiac surgery: a 15-year experience at a single institutionTia A Tortoriello
The Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Pediatric Cardiology, The Heart Center, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 76:1655-60. 2003..Mediastinitis is a rare but clinically relevant source of postoperative morbidity and mortality in adult and pediatric patients after cardiac surgery...
- Association of nitric oxide dose and methemoglobin levels in patients with congenital heart disease and pulmonary hypertensionElise M Riddle
Center for Pediatric Cardiology, Las Vegas, Nevada 89106, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:442-4. 2002
- Internet use in families with children requiring cardiac surgery for congenital heart diseaseCatherine M Ikemba
Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Pediatrics 109:419-22. 2002..We sought to document the prevalence of Internet access and usage patterns among families who have children with congenital heart disease presenting for cardiac surgery...